Views
Helpful
Replies

Impact of restarting Call Manager service on v11.5

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi All

We have just loaded a new device pack onto our CUCM v11.5, I am right in saying we need to restart the CUCM service on all nodes?

If so what is the impact of restarting this service?

cheers

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Install pack on all and restart on all .to answer your question

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will need to restart the following services on the CUCM:

• Restart the Cisco Tomcat service on all nodes
  • Restart Cisco TFTP on all servers, where this service is running
  • Restart Cisco CallManager on the Publisher. If you’re not running the Cisco CallManager service on the Publisher, you can skip this step

(All the above are described on the link: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/213290-configure-device-pack-on-cisco-call-mana.html)

To answer your question, during the Call Manager Service' restart there wont be any Call Processing, Signalling and Call Control functionality.

George 

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Hi

Will I need to restart the Call Manager service on the subs too? or just the Publisher?

Yes, I would suggest to restart the service on the rest of the servers as well.

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Install pack on all and restart on all .to answer your question

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Restarting the cucm service on any server im your cluster. Means all phones registered on that particular server will fail over to the next in the cucm. And they will automatically fail back once thw cucm service is running again.