Views
Helpful
Replies

Impact on CDR (call billing report server) if CUCM node ip get changed

Arnab Mukherjee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Can anyone please confirm me if is there any impact on CDR server if I change the Call manager subscriber ip where the phones are registered. For a business requirement I have to move one of the UCS box running on CUCM 8.5.1 from one facility to other facility, and for that It is required to change the IP address of the server. So will there be any anyproblem in CUCM - Call Billing server communication??                

4 Replies 4

nikshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Arnab,

Shouldnt be a problem if you change the ip, after ip change ensure that dbreplication is in place and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps

Regards

Niket

Kindly rate useful posts!!!!

Hi Niket,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply. Just wanted to check one thing. As far as I know CDR server communicate with CUCM publisher to get the RAW data for billing purpose. Please correct me if I am wrong. As i understand though physical phones are registered with the subscriber node but CDR collects the data from its publisher database, not from the subscriber database. Therefore ip address change in subscriber node should not create any problem if there is a proper database replication happens between publisheres and subscriber after the ip address change. Please suggest.

Hi Arnab,

Your understanding is correct, below is the document for changing ip add/hostname on callmanager

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/7_1_2/ipchange/ipchg712.html

Hope this helps

Regards

Niket

Kindly rate all useful posts!!!

Thank you very much Niket for your help and support..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: