cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Importing users into a Unity System DL

julienf28
Level 1
Level 1

We are using Unity connection version 7.1.3 and we're looking to import a few hundred users into one System DL.

The only I can see is to get down and dirty and add them one by one. There is nothing in the Bulk Admin Tool that can be selected to import to a DL.

Would anybody know of an easier way to do this than the manual way.

Thanks,

J                  

2 Replies 2

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can add users to a DL by doing a research based on display name, alias, city or department. Or users that have a certain user template. So you can bulk edit the useras you want to add with a certain department or user template and select all and add them to the DL.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/administration/guide/7xcucsag230.html#wp1049720

Regards, 

Tere. 

If you find this post helpful, please rate!

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Thanks Tere and sorry for the late reply.

What I'm more looking for is a way to import for a CSV file to the DL as we have 7 different branch offices natione wide with all of them having their own Unity Connection 7.1.3.

So in essence we have over 250 users that are from different offices that needs to come to a single DL that will send a VM to all of them.
Currently I just roled up my sleaves and added all 250+ users manually to this DL with a little elbow greece which took me a better part of the afternoon and then another hour or so to double check to make sure that the users in the DL were the same as in the CSV file. (don't want to send an important VM to somebody who shouldn't get it ).

We are upgrating shortly to 8.5.1 which I know can do this with a csv but for now I'm unsure if 7.1.3 can do this.

Also, would you know if there is a way of tracking who received the VM from the DL? Can RTMT do this?

Thanks again.

J

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: