cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

impossible to send # sign to PSTN via Callmanager ?!

petipetipeti
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

to program a fix call divert in France on several phones, i need to send a string like this to the PSTN *21*123456789#

So now the problem is, the Callmanager always swallows the # sign. I think this is normal behavior as the # sign is the "end of digits" function. 

So how can i manage to send the **bleep** # to the PSTN?  I tried several route patterns with no # or two ## signs, but the debugs on the H323 routers show that the callmanager always removes the # before it even reaches the PSTN gateway router.

Does anybody know a trick?  Will it maybe work if i force the phones into SRST mode?

Many Thanks,

Ingo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

By default cucm will strip trailing #. You can change this by setting the
service parameter 'strip # sign from called number' to false.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ashok_boin
Level 5
Level 5
Hi, Pls try with "\#" in the pattern to escape the actual wild card in Cisco CUCM. Backlash character is an escape charcter. Regards.. Ashok.

With best regards...
Ashok

Hello,

i was able to get the # dialed out to the PSTN via 2 steps:

1. set "Strip # Sign from Called Party Number" in Service Parameters/Callmanager to false

2. enter the global command "dial-peer terminator A" on the H323 gateway router (basically changes the # to A sign so it does not get stripped off)

Using something like \# in the route pattern did work. The callmanager never let the # in the dialed number.

Thanks,

Ingo

Hi,

By default cucm will strip trailing #. You can change this by setting the
service parameter 'strip # sign from called number' to false.