cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

impossible to send # sign to PSTN via Callmanager ?!

petipetipeti
Beginner
Beginner

Hello,

to program a fix call divert in France on several phones, i need to send a string like this to the PSTN *21*123456789#

So now the problem is, the Callmanager always swallows the # sign. I think this is normal behavior as the # sign is the "end of digits" function. 

So how can i manage to send the **bleep** # to the PSTN?  I tried several route patterns with no # or two ## signs, but the debugs on the H323 routers show that the callmanager always removes the # before it even reaches the PSTN gateway router.

Does anybody know a trick?  Will it maybe work if i force the phones into SRST mode?

Many Thanks,

Ingo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mohammed al Baqari
VIP Advisor VIP Advisor
VIP Advisor
Hi,

By default cucm will strip trailing #. You can change this by setting the
service parameter 'strip # sign from called number' to false.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ashok_boin
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, Pls try with "\#" in the pattern to escape the actual wild card in Cisco CUCM. Backlash character is an escape charcter. Regards.. Ashok.

With best regards...
Ashok

Hello,

i was able to get the # dialed out to the PSTN via 2 steps:

1. set "Strip # Sign from Called Party Number" in Service Parameters/Callmanager to false

2. enter the global command "dial-peer terminator A" on the H323 gateway router (basically changes the # to A sign so it does not get stripped off)

Using something like \# in the route pattern did work. The callmanager never let the # in the dialed number.

Thanks,

Ingo

Mohammed al Baqari
VIP Advisor VIP Advisor
VIP Advisor
Hi,

By default cucm will strip trailing #. You can change this by setting the
service parameter 'strip # sign from called number' to false.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers