Views
Helpful
Replies

Inactive AD users on CUCM

Ekin Gumus
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All.

I need to delete all inactive users from CUCM. I have LDAP integration with my CUCM (System version: 11.5.1.10000-6) "Inactive LDAP Synchronized User" but

but now I do users as "Inactive LDAP Synchronized User" and not able to delete it is integrated with AD. Here is what I get when I try to delete:

Error occurred. One or more record did not get deleted. Users added from corporate directory sync cannot be modified manually.

So I found that link and applied but no luck 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-version-60/111310-inactive-users-00.html

I also restarted CUCM cluster. Any idea?

6 Replies 6

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ekin,

It is most likely due to end user association on Phone, line, remote destination etc. You may refer the following to determine the same

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/117726-technote-cucm-00.html#anc9

HTH

Manish

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not sure I'm following what you want, but once users are in inactive state, the one who is in charge of deleting them, is the garbage collector.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HelpingKid
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue.

orellanas
Level 1
Level 1

Do you still have this issue ?

Does the user have a Jabber account ?

Michael Whiteley
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The link is broken

mradell
Level 1
Level 1

As Jamie mentioned, Garbage Collection is responsible for removing inactive LDAP users from the CUCM. I linked to the section in the SRND doc for CUCM 11.x below for reference. As far as I know there is no manual way to force this process, but someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Cisco Collaboration System 11.x Solution Reference Network Designs (SRND) - Directory Integration and Identity Management [Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CallManager)] - Cisco

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: