Views
Helpful
Replies

Inbound and Outbound Dial-Peer Between 2 CCMEs

andrew.agaba
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Colleagues,

Hope you all doing well.  I am new to CCME and I have got a small issue with configuring cisco ip phones on a CCME running version 10 to communicate with ip phones on CCME running Version 12.  

Currently these CCMEs are working independently, but the challenge is having the phones connected to CCME_A talk to the other phones connected to CCME_B.

Attached are the debug logs. here is something small I am missing but can't quite figure out why the CME are not exchanging calls. Kindly advice please.

10 Replies 10

andrew.agaba
Level 1
Level 1

Below are the dial-peer configs: 

IP Phone with extension 355 is installed on CME_A while, IP Phone with extension 607 is installed on CME_B.

//Under CME_A, this is the dial-peer config

!

!

dial-peer voice 607 voip

destination-pattern 607

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:192.168.182.1

incoming called-number 355

no vad

!

//Under CME_B, this is the dial-peer config

!

!

dial-peer voice 355 voip

destination-pattern 355

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:192.168.10.250

incoming called-number 607

no vad

!

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You are getting "SIP/2.0 403 Forbidden" do you have following command on both CMEs:

voice service voip
allow-connections sip to sip

Yes, the command is there on both CMEs.  Kindly advise

I'm seeing some 503 Service Unavailable responses as well as 603 Declined.  Although it's difficult to read those debugs especially not knowing what address is what.

Have each CME got the other CME's IP included under "ip address trusted list" ?

Have you confirmed that the correct inbound dial peer is being matched at the destination CME?

It would be useful to see debugs from both devices, for the same call attempt, and could you also confirm the IP addresses of the two CMEs?

Hello, 

Thank you for your input.  Yes Both CMEs have the IP address of the other CME present under "ip trusted list" 

The current setup is:

CME_A has ip address 192.168.10.250 and it has an IP Phone extension 355 registered.

CME_B has ip address 192.168.182.1 and it has an IP Phone extension 607 registered.

These are the dial-peer configs I have set up to achieve this as of now. They have some positive results as calls from ip phone 355 are reaching CME_B (as seen in the log files i.e. after placing a call from IP phone 355 to ip phone 607, I can see logs being generated on CME_B) but still no communication between the phones.

Below dial-peer configs are on CME_ B (192.168.182.1) the IP phone extension connected to CME-B is 607.

!

dial-peer voice 1 voip

description Server 1

destination-pattern ^355$

!

voice class dpg 1

description Dial-peer Group for specific called number 355

dial-peer 1 preference 1

!

dial-peer voice 355 voip

description INCOMING dial-peer with DPG

incoming called-number ^355$

destination dpg 1

Below dial-peer configs are on CME_ A (192.168.10.250) the IP phone extension connected to CME_A is 355.

!

dial-peer voice 1 voip

description Server 1

destination-pattern ^607$

!

voice class dpg 1

description Dial-peer Group for specific called number 607

dial-peer 1 preference 1

!

dial-peer voice 607 voip

description INCOMING dial-peer with DPG

incoming called-number ^607$

destination dpg 1

attached are the debugs I have collected from both CMEs. Kindly advise

I can't see an INVITE in either of those logs.   Can you take just "debug ccsip mess", and confirm calling and called numbers for your test call?

I must say I've never seen that syntax in dial peer destination or incoming patterns, are you sure it's correct?  In a dial peer if you want to match 355 you just have the pattern as 355.  If you want anything starting 355 followed by any other digits it's 355T.  The syntax you have looks like how you'd compose a voice translation rule. 

What's the reason for using dial peer groups rather than conventional dial peers?

Mapping what you have at the moment if the phone on CME B dials 355 it looks like the intention is to route that out via dial peer 1 to the other CME.  I can't see what dial peer that would match inbound on CME A.

Have removed the sip configuration from the dial peers as well, or is that just missing in your post.  Obviously if you're changing to H.323 then SIP debugs won't show anything relevant.

Hello,

I have removed those dial peer-configs and replaced them with these ones below. And have made test calls and attached the debugs of only ccsip messages. advise about what am missing as there is still no communication.  

++++++++++++++++++CME_B Dial-Peer Configs++

dial-peer voice 355 voip
destination-pattern 355
session protocol sipv2
no vad
exit

++++++++++++++++++CME_A Dial-Peer Configs++

dial-peer voice 607 voip
destination-pattern 607
session protocol sipv2
no vad
exit

Kindly advise

Hello Tony,  Thanks for your help,  I have added the below 2 lines and the calls are finally going through between the 2 phone extensions.

++++++++++++++++++CME_B Dial-Peer Configs++

dial-peer voice 355 voip
destination-pattern 355
session protocol sipv2
no vad
dtmf-relay sip-notify
codec g711ulaw
exit

++++++++++++++++++CME_A Dial-Peer Configs++

dial-peer voice 607 voip
destination-pattern 607
session protocol sipv2
no vad
dtmf-relay sip-notify
codec g711ulaw
exit

That's good.  You might want to a rtp-nte to the DTMF configuration in the dial peers.

dtmf-relay sip-notify rtp-nte

If CME A IP address is 192.168.10.250 and it has an IP Phone extension 355 registered then the dial-peer on CME A needs to point to CME B IP address 192.168.182.1 and destination 607.  Then vice-verse on the other side.  The incoming called-number is used to accept calls from the other CME and should have the expected digits, so dial-peer on CME A should look like:

dial-peer voice 1 voip
destination-pattern 607
session protocol sipv2
no vad

and B:

dial-peer voice 1 voip
destination-pattern 355
session protocol sipv2
no vad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: