Views
Helpful
Replies

inbound call problem - CMBE 7.1.5

HEATH FREEL
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Once again I look to this wonderful Forum to help me out....

We have a CMBE registered to a 2921 PRI using MGCP. In our initial setup we had a Route Plan using the NAPA 9.@ and everything worked great. This customer has a requirement to NOT dial anything for an outside line, something I have not run into before.

We have modified the 9.@ to be @ and not to discard any digits - this seems to me like it should work and for outbound calls in does.... but our inbound calls get a fast busy....

The debug isdn q931 on the router shows a Recovery on Timer Expiry message in this case...

Inbound calls are configured to match a translation patteren and forward to a specific extension - we have tried other extensions and no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas..

Thanks,

Heath

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Heath

Try to ensure that the Gateway CSS and the CSS assigned to the inbound translation pattern only contains the partitions that contain your internal extensions; this should prevent any overlap with the @ pattern which should be in a partition that the gateway cannot access.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

deepagup
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Heath

The @ pattern is probably overlapping with the numbers comin in from the PSTN.

To verify this I will need a lot more info but we can start with "debug isdn q931"

Cheers!

Hi Heath

Try to ensure that the Gateway CSS and the CSS assigned to the inbound translation pattern only contains the partitions that contain your internal extensions; this should prevent any overlap with the @ pattern which should be in a partition that the gateway cannot access.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks Aaron.... Right on - it was a CSS problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: