Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inbound caller ID transform from outbound number

Hello,

We have a cloud phone being used with all our Cisco phones. That phone has all calls being forwarded to it for the time being from the carrier, the user would like to know if its possible to have that phone number transform into his number when calling inbound to users on the call manager. Currently when he calls in, it shows his cloud phone number caller DID he wants employees to know its him and show his Cisco DID. Any thoughts if this is possible. 

Thanks! 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

On the RDP you associate a directory number. This would be the same number as the one the user already has. In reality this will form a shared number in the system.

The RD number is the cloud directory number as it’s received by CM as the default behaviour is to do a complete match of the number against the information set in the RD. If needed this can be modified by changing a service parameter to partial match and defining how many digits that has to match for the anchor to bond. However I would recommend that you stick with the default and make sure that the number set on the RD is identical with the number you get from the cloud phone as the calling number.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Easier way to accomplish this would be to configure Mobile Connect, also known as Single Number Reach (SNR). Depending upon our setup this can be achieved via remote destination profile with a remote destination or TCT/BOT for smartphones with a mobile identity. When the call from the cloud phone reach the CM it will see the that the calling number is from a remote destination and anchor the call on the office number. To the called party it will look as if the call comes from the office number that is tied to the mobile connect setup for this user.

Response Signature

Roger,

That sounds like it would work for me, I am not to familiar with this setup but this is what I think I would need to do. 

Setup a new Remote Destination Profile am I adding an association DN? If so that would be the one I want the numbers to come from?

Then I add a new Remote Destination is this where I put the cloud phone number and info? 

Thank you, 

On the RDP you associate a directory number. This would be the same number as the one the user already has. In reality this will form a shared number in the system.

The RD number is the cloud directory number as it’s received by CM as the default behaviour is to do a complete match of the number against the information set in the RD. If needed this can be modified by changing a service parameter to partial match and defining how many digits that has to match for the anchor to bond. However I would recommend that you stick with the default and make sure that the number set on the RD is identical with the number you get from the cloud phone as the calling number.

Response Signature

This worked perfectly! 

Thank you,