Views
Helpful
Replies

Inbound calling sip

clark white
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

I have setup a new sip trunk with itsp outbound calls are working fine but the inbound calls are not working attaching the debugs. the debugs shows disconnect cause 127  and SIP/2.0 422 Session Timer too small.

how could i solve this.

thanks

9 Replies 9

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Go to 'voice service voip' -> sip and increase the 'min-se' value to say 600 and check if you can make call.

Dears,

Attached are the logs, still the issue lies the same, it is on priority ,, more suggestion will lead to success.

I tried even by increasing to 1200 but no success. I hope we are increasing the correct timer.

thanks

Dears,

anybody can put exclusive shade on the post please.

thanks

Well, we are getting following timers in INVITE from Huawei switch;

Session-Expires: 300
Min-SE: 90

This means that in your gateway, min-se can't be higher than 300. Hence in your first logs, your gateway was accepting the call and forwarding to UAS with 'min-se 300 session expires 300'. However UAS rejected a call with 422 since 'min se' of UAS is 3600.

Since UAS 'min se' is 3600, we can't send any value lower than 3600 in 'session expires'.

Now we have changed the 'min se' to 600 whereas 'session expires' received from Huawei is 300. This leads to call rejected by your gateway itself w/o forwarding it to UAS (as per second logs you shared).

Considering above situation, configure the following and see if there is a improvement;

min-se 300 session-expires 3600

Please share the logs if doesn't work for you.

Dears

attached are the logs the situation is same.

thanks

Dear Clark

Did you tried with min-se 300 session expires 300

thanks

Dears,

CUCM is  sending the timer too small error,

Seems settings are not applied correctly. Still I can see 'session expires' value 300 instead of 3600 (in INVITE sent by gateway).

Dear Vivek

i reduce the timers in CUCM according to the below and the call flow was successful,

As per cisco default timers the min-se and expiry timers are 1800 so i have changed to min-se to 250 and session expiry to 3600

please suggest does it will do any cpu utililaztion peak to CUCM ??? or any harm

thanks