Replies

Inbound calls are showing ‘unknown number’ as the calling number

ashokvoip
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco Support Community Group,

Good Morning/Good Evening,

I hope all are doing well.

We have an issue with our inbound calling number, Inbound calls are showing ‘unknown number’ as the calling number.

Call Flow - PSTN ===>GW=====>H323====>Phone

I have generated some debug call reports using debug voip ccapi inout , debug h225 asnl, debug h245 asnl

here is the output

----- ccCallInfo IE subfields -----
cisco-ani=
cisco-anitype=0
cisco-aniplan=0
cisco-anipi=0
cisco-anisi=0
dest=
cisco-desttype=0
cisco-destplan=0
cisco-rdie=FFFFFFFF

Type of VoicePort is DID-IN

Signal - did wink-start

PID - VIC-4FXS/DID

Recently I had a discussion with a service provider, they have recommended us to upgrade to PRI lines and we have another branch at another place it was working good.

I am suspecting there was a problem with a service provider.

Hope you will find a solution for this case.

Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Ashok

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm assuming caller ID is enabled on the voice port? Can you post your config? Have you verified with the telco that they are sending caller ID?

Brandon

View solution in original post

saif musa
Level 4
Level 4

ashokvoip,

Addition to Brandon's post, I'm assuming you imported these debugs during call setup. Also, ANI is empty which is could mean the CID is not provided from a telco or there is mismatching between two routers. are you sure that you are using the correct CPtone?

Yes, Saif Musa, 

You are correct, "ANI is empty which is could mean the CID is not provided from a telco"

This would be the correct behaviour for "Analog copper DID trunks".

Thanks,

Ashok

ashokvoip,

If you found a solution for this post, please click on " correct answer " to close this discussion. 

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm assuming caller ID is enabled on the voice port? Can you post your config? Have you verified with the telco that they are sending caller ID?

Brandon

Hi Brandon Buffin,

Thanks for your email.

Yes, I have verified with service providers, unfortunately, we have "Analog DID trunks", so as per current telco policies, 'analog DID trunk will not display the number at destination point, it will display as unknown number, they recommended to go with PRI, SIP or Analog business line, so we are planning to move all of our Canada offices to SIP trunking.

Thanks,

Ashok

saif musa
Level 4
Level 4

ashokvoip,

Addition to Brandon's post, I'm assuming you imported these debugs during call setup. Also, ANI is empty which is could mean the CID is not provided from a telco or there is mismatching between two routers. are you sure that you are using the correct CPtone?

Yes, Saif Musa, 

You are correct, "ANI is empty which is could mean the CID is not provided from a telco"

This would be the correct behaviour for "Analog copper DID trunks".

Thanks,

Ashok

ashokvoip,

If you found a solution for this post, please click on " correct answer " to close this discussion. 

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: