cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inbound calls failing

harresh123
Level 1
Level 1

We all of a sudden started seeing inbound calls from carrier failing with Requested channel not available. On testing further we see that the carrier is trying to fork calls on a channel that is already pre-occupied and hence the cisco returns "Requested circuit/channel not available" to the carrier. There is clearly a miss-match in bearer channel status on the gateway vs the carrier. I am not sure what could cause this all of a sudden. We unchecked "inhibhit restart at PRI initialiazation" but to no avail. The only thing that seems to clear up this issue for sometime is a controller reset or a mgcp restart. Any ideas on what else could be causing this?

5 Replies 5

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

Seen some cases where "Inhibit restarts at PRI initialization" didn't work in first place.

• Unchecked this option and Save
  • Reset the GW
  • Reload the GW

Still Not working,

• Delete the MGCP GW from CUCM
  • Remove the mgcp/ccm configs
  • Reload the GW
  • Add the GW back into CUCM and make sure to uncheck "Inhibit restarts at PRI initialization" option before adding

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!
***Please rate helpful posts***

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is this a fractional E1? (ISDN 10, 20)?

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Try below
In Interface Serial: of PRI change the Isb bchan number.
isdn bchan-number-order {ascending | descending}.

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris

mariodavila1
Level 1
Level 1

We are expexriencing similar issues. Were you able to find a solution or did any of the replies help you fix the issues?

Seems like it "times out" and returns to normal service after a while. I suspect we are having an issue with the carrier.

Not sure why unchecking the "Inhibit restarts at PRI initialization" will resolve this.....

I guess it's worth a try but I don't like guessing...

We had the carrier turn off the B-channel service messaging on their side.