cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inbound Calls Getting Busy Signal in CUCM

Mason Bergman
Level 1
Level 1

I am not receiving inbound calls with CUCM.  I have a call flow of CUCM ->Sip > CUBE -> Sip -> PSTN.  Outbound calls are working fine.  Inbound calls appear to be not getting past the CUBE. 

I'm trying to forward a DID to one DN/phone for now to keep it simple.  I've attached the output for the debug ccsip messages command at the CUBE.  I'm using a translation pattern on the CUCM to convert the DID to the DN.  I've also added the DID number to the DN as an alternate number, but neither of these has enabled inbound calling. 

The inbound dial-peer should be fine.  Thanks for any help.

14 Replies 14

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mason,

A couple of thing that you can check under Incoming calls settings on the CUBE added on CUCM:

1. The Calling Search Space for Incoming calls should have access to the Translation pattern or DN

2. The significant digits entry should match the number of digits on Translation pattern

If you make any changes then reset the CUBE from cucm.

Manish

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Apart from excellent suggestions by Manish, it seems from logs that call is not hitting CUCM and rejected by CUBE itself with cause 486 Busy. Can you share 'show run' and 'debug voice ccapi inout' to verify the actual cause....

- Vivek 

Thanks for the response.  The CSS and partitions have been left as default system-wide.  The ccapi inout debug is attached.  Is there a tutorial somewhere about configuring translation patterns in CUCM?  I would like to be able to verify this isn't the issue.

Collected logs are not complete logs, first turn on logs (debug voip ccapi inout && debug ccsip error) and then make a test call and wait for call signaling to complete fully and then turn off.

You can have look in below youtube link for TPs in CUCM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol-iYAzNPJk

Suresh

Hi Mason,

Also share 'show run' to verify the config.

- Vivek

Mason,

From the logs I wouldn't worry about translation patterns just yet. This is because the logs show that the gateway is not sending the call out to CUCM.

CCAPI is sending the disconnect without initiating the outbound leg of the call.

Apr 7 04:33:38.707:  feature call basic
.Apr 7 04:33:38.707: //96142/BBB7F0C9B60D/CCAPI/ccCallDisconnect:
   Cause Value=17, Tag=0x0, Call Entry(Previous Disconnect Cause=0, Disconnect Cause=0)
.Apr 7 04:33:38.707: //96142/BBB7F0C9B60D/CCAPI/ccCallDisconnect:
   Cause Value=17, Call Entry(Responsed=TRUE, Cause Value=17)

Please send us your sh run as requested by Vivek.

Please rate all useful posts

Here's my running config.  Thanks for taking a look.

Hi Mason,

Let's start adding a dialpeer to CUCM as correctly suggested by my buddies Deji Vivek and Manish(+5 each)

dial-peer voice 200 voip

destination-pattern 855226T

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:x.x.x.x (ip address of your cucm)

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

no-vad

Let us know 

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Thanks Carlo but no difference.

Can you please post a debug voip ccapi inout with suggested dialpeer configured?

Thanks

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

It's attached.  It looks like the generic inbound dialpeer 1001 (.%) was picking it up before the 200.

Mason,

Please lets try this..

dial-peer voice 1001 voip

no incoming called-number . %

incoming called-number .

Then send us the output of the following..

show dial-peer voice summ

Please rate all useful posts

Amit Sharawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mason,

Could you please collect both "debug ccsip all" and "debug voip ccapi inout" for a test call and upload. Need to check if the ccapi or sip layer is disconnecting it first.

~Amit

Here it is.  Thanks for the help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: