Views
Helpful
Replies

Inbound Calls working through SIP on CME but outbound calls are not

e_mweri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have recently taken up Collaboration switching over from networks. One of my current projects is troubleshooting an issue a client is having with their CME. They can receive incoming calls on their SIP registered numbers but outgoing calls are not working. Trying to place one shows an error of "Unknown number". I have tried to debug but for the love of me cannot figure out what's causing the issue.  Bear in mind that their are two other SIP trunks from two other ITSPs that are working just fine. We had a session with engineers from the particular ITSP and they said they can see incoming calls register on their end but the outgoing calls do  not register at all on their end meaning its most probably an issue on our end.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if you do require further information like the logs and the sort, which I will avail upon request. Thanks

29 Replies 29

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Hi,

could you share your config and the output of debug ccsip messages?

Are the SIP trunk on the CME correctly registered? (show sip-ua register status)

--- Please rate this post as "Helpful" or accept as a solution, if your question has been answered ---

To add to what @b.winter wrote please also enable debug voip ccapi inout at the same time as the other debug and collect the output in text files, one for debug and another for configuration that you attach to your response.

Response Signature

e_mweri
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you @Roger Kallberg and @b.winter  for the quick responses. Please find attached the config files and part of the debug. I am not so conversant on the debug procedure. I ran debug ccsip messages and debug voip ccapi inout but I was getting over 8000 lines of output. is there a more convenient way to display this output or you don't mind the length and I can just go ahead and share as is?

(Edited)NB: I have just attached the debug logs as well.

Hi,

yes, you can share the whole debug.

Also don't forget the config and mask all the username / passwords in there.

Please refer to previous post. I have appended the debug logs to it as well

Hi,

as your question has already been discussed in some other posts recently, please check them.

Examples here:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/unified-communications/sip-ua-outgoing-issue-cisco-cme/td-p/4525809

https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/cisco-sip-phone-9971-wont-register-and-configuring/m-p/4528779#M401353

Advise here again:

Update to the newest recommended version (in your case 15.7 (3) M8)

Use tenant configuration for the connection to provider, as it is the current "standard" way to do this.

And also, it's a must, if you have SRST running on the same router. I don't know, if it is a must for CME too, but I could imagine that.

A lot of the configuration has already been discussed in those 2 example posts.

--- Please rate this post as "Helpful" or accept as a solution, if your question has been answered ---

CME has the same requirements for this specifics as SRST. This is as they pretty much are based on the same underlying parts in IOS.

Response Signature

As @b.winter mentioned most of what can be seen as issues in the running configuration is addressed in the two referenced post. For the debug output it would be helpful to know the number of whom did the call, to what number the call was made to and at what time approximately? This is to narrow down what we're looking for in your massive output.

Response Signature

The call is being placed from +25632xxxx530 to +25677930xxxxxx.

Calls from +2567xxxxx985. to +25632xxxxx530 work just fine but the reverse fails

I don't see the incorrect outbound call that you mentioned in the logs.

I only see an inbound call with those numbers.

Could it be a rule translation error then? Because if it's not even registering in the logs then, something else is at play.

Could you kindly take a look at the translation rules and extrapolate if their needs to be a change..

PS: I did a change translation rule 2611 and when calling outside, it no longer says unknown number, but now says Busy.

Then take the logs with the following debugs:

debug voice translation

debug voice ccapi ind 1

debug voice ccapi ind 2

debug voice ccapi ind 74

debug ccsip messages

Translation rule 2611 is used in translation profile 2610 and that is used on dial peer 110 in the inbound direction. As such it should have nothing to do with your outbound calls. What dial peer are you expecting the call to use for the outbound direction?

Response Signature

e_mweri
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you @Roger Kallberg and @b.winter for all your input.

After much troubleshooting, it has been discovered that this is an ITSP issue. And as such, has been escalated to the responsible ITSP. A similar deployment exists at another client site with similar configs and is working fine. The ITSP will deal with the issue

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: