Views
Helpful
Replies

inbound calls

snzeadibe
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need some one to help me on how to configure my MGCP gateway to receive calls from the PSTN. i can dial out to the PSTN perfecctly well.

i want to the call to go to a receptionisyt desk who route it to the desired extension.

i use call manager 6.1 and cisco 3845 as the gateway.

Kindly help out

thanks in advance

10 Replies 10

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Go to your gateway in callmanager, scroll down to the incoming calls section,

In the digits section put in the number of youe internal extension digits eg if your extension are say 4005 you should put 4 as the signicant digit.

In the CSS (caling search space) select a CSS that has the partition of your internal phones in it.

You should be good with this

Please rate all useful posts

Hi,

I am facing the same, searched the topic 'Inbound at MGCP' and found the same, it's better than opening a new one, right?

I am facing the issue, I will not say it as problem but lack of configuration in my CCM. I am using CCM 4.2 with 2811.

>>>>Go to your gateway in callmanager, scroll down to the incoming calls section,

I couldn't find the incoming section at gateway configuration section, may be it's absent at 4.2. I found an option for direction whether it would be inbound/outbound/bothways.

How can I receive my incoming calls from PSTN to my IP phone at MGCP?

Thanks in advance. Your help will be highly appreciated.

what are you using for inbound calls?? PRI? FXO? MGCP?

if you click on the GW then you click on endpoints and you will see the incoming sections, it is on 4.2 and in all versions

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Thanks java for your kind attention.

Yes, I am using for inbound calls from FXO port and I am using MGCP. I have found the inbound section as you said for PRI only, but not for FXO ports. Have any idea how to do it?

(I've attached the screenshot of my gateway as well as the port.)

for FXO configure the attendant DN to tell which phone should ring when a call comes in thru that FXO

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi,

Thanks for you guidance. Yes, I did set the 'Attendant DN' exactly like a phone DN (10004),but getting something strange. The port is receiving the call, getting muted and after 15 seconds the call drops. IP phone don't ring in this muted time. Am I missing something?

I am not using no CSS, so nothing is there with permission.

I've tried the same with issuing the command 'mgcp bind control', but received the same. Also reseted the gateway, port...I can find the FXO port at 'sh mgcp end'.

Is there any dependency on routing? I am using a sub-interface in the gateway to work as gateway.

(i have attached my gateway config)

this the port you're using??

dial-peer voice 999001 pots

service mgcpapp

port 0/0/1

anyway if the endpoint does not show when issuing show mgcp endpoints first thing to get fixed is the registration, probably also shows as unregistered in CUCM. you have to check your MGCP config and get it registered before moving forward with call routing

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi,

Again, I can do find the endpoint. It's registered well, i can make outbound calls also.

#############

!

LAB_VGW#sh mgcp end

aaln/S0/SU0/1@LAB_VGW

LAB_VGW#sh ccm

MGCP Domain Name: LAB_VGW.ipcclab.dhk

Priority Status Host

============================================================

Primary Registered LABCCM (10.234.155.203)

First Backup None

Second Backup None

Current active Call Manager: 10.234.155.203

Backhaul/Redundant link port: 2428

Any idea please?

And also, yes I am using the port:

!

dial-peer voice 999001 pots

service mgcpapp

port 0/0/1

!

I didn't created this pots dial-peer, it was created automatically while configuring from CCM.

Now the CCM prompting the known unreachable media 'Your call cannot be completed.....'

Any other configuration am I missing?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: