Views
Helpful
Replies

inbound dial peer selection

Tom Ribbens
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have an ISR 4321 with 2 ISDN E1 ports. One E1 connects to the provider, the second connects to a legacy PBX, acting as network side. I wanted to use dial-peer groups to simplify the configuration so that calls from one E1 always get sent out to the other E1 and vice versa. For this, I wanted to have my configuration be as number agnostic as I could. I imagined the inbound dial-peer matching based on the port the call entered. However, destination-pattern matches inbound dial-peers before port, which then gives the possibility of a wrong inbound dial-peer match.

Is there a way to prioritize the port in inbound dial-peer matching? 

3 Replies 3

Rajkumar Yadav
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

May I know the incoming calling number for both system when outbound call is performed from the PBX system.

From high level view you can use the answer-address command to match the voip incoming dial-peer along with COR-List configuration you can map it to open pots dial-peer which is mapped to its appropriate voice-port / PRI connection.

Regards,

Raaj

Hi

I'm sorry, I lost track of this.

It's just the point that I don't want to use any phone number, as there are multiple ranges that go over the same ISDN line. I would purely like to select the incoming dial-peer based on port for all calls coming in through ISDN, and then based on dial-peer groups select an outbound dial-peer. But the order of selection for the inbound dial-peers prevents me from having it selected based on port, because I always have some destination-pattern in a dial-peer somewhere that would also match.

Regards,

Tom

If you use dialpeer groups and place one outbound dialpeer in the group when incoming dialpeer is matched then there is no way to matching the wrong incoming dialpeer with outgoing dialpeer. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: