Views
Helpful
Replies

Inbound One-Way Audio - RTP Receiced Traffic Punted

chris_funa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I'm experiencing an issue on a 2911 running IOS 15.7(3)M2.

I have Multi VRF set up with provider facing interfaces in a separate VRF, a physical connection and a loopback used for signalling. I have the CUCM facing side in the global VRF. My dial-peers facing the provider have sip media and control bound at the dial-peer specifying the loopback interface I'm using for signaling. The CUCM facing dial has the interface in the global VRF specified. I am using server groups for both provider UBE and my CUCM cluster.

Outbound calls work fine; audio works both ways. The issue is inbound. When a call is received at my CUBE, the call goes through, but the calling phone audio is not transmitted to the receiving phone.

I ran "debug voice rtp error" and found this:

002289: *Apr 11 2018 07:54:34.738 CDT: voip_rtp_recv_fs_input:pak punted, vrf_tableid(0)

I assume this is why inbound audio isn't being passed. 

I do not experiencing this issue on a 4321 running 16.06.02.

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

4 Replies 4

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
VRF aware matching is applicable for inbound dial-peer matching and not outbound. So, the interface bound on the incoming dial-peer for your incoming calls need to have a sip bind (this is a mandate) for an interface which would then belong to a VRF and the routing table for that VRF associated interface will be used.

Now another consideration since you are using server groups is that the session targets within that group need to be part of the same network as that of the sip bind on the dial-peer.

Thank you for your response. 

I do have "voice-class sip bind media source-interface Loopback100" and "voice-class sip bind control source-interface Loopback100" on the provider facing dial-peers. I have "voice-class sip bind control source-interface Port-channel3" and "voice-class sip bind media source-interface Port-channel3" on the CUCM dial-peers. Loopback100 is in the outside VRF. 

The networks in the server-groups are reachable via the interfaces that are sip bind at the dial-peer.

When I say outbound, I mean a call placed from my network to a test cell phone. Those calls work fine. 

When I call in from that cell phone, the call connects, but I get one-way audio (in this case: cell phone speaks - phone on my network doesn't hear). So I assume I have my bindings set correctly.

Doing debugs I noticed that the above error is output during a call made from outside to my network.

To test, I removed the VRF. RTP is being sent. 

We would like to keep the provider interfaces in the VRF. 

This issue is baffling me. 

I tried down grading to version 15.6(3)M4 to test, but it didn't work. 

It is related to your config and not IOS specific. Another thing you need to ensure that you don't have a single/global voice vrf along with multi-vrf. It is not supported. Also, if you made any recent changes on the interface with respect to vrf, reboot the router.
Share your config here. I will take a look.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: