Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming Call Beep Cisco 7962

jg.c
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

I recently got a newer cisco IP phone (7962) and the incoming call beep seems to keep beeping over and over which the older model didn't do, I don't mind the 1st beep, but the constant beeping is becoming very annoying. Is there a way to make it only beep once or not at all? I saw another post here, but I don't think it applied to my phone because I didn't see any of those settings on my phone.

Here is the previous discussion.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/incoming-call-beep/td-p/1637393

Thank you for your assistance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The setting isn't on the Phone configuration page, but rather on the Line Appearance configuration page (so the DN level when accessed via the Phone)

On the Line Appearance Page, the settings you are looking for look like this:

Beep1.jpg

You can also change the setting globally in the Call Manger Service parameters in the section "Clusterwide Parameters (Device - Phone)"

Beep2.jpg

Or, you can change the setting via the Bulk Administration Tool under "Bulk Administration > Phones > Add/Update Lines > Update Lines":

Beep3.jpg

Let us know if you have additional questions.
Maren

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

The setting isn't on the Phone configuration page, but rather on the Line Appearance configuration page (so the DN level when accessed via the Phone)

On the Line Appearance Page, the settings you are looking for look like this:

Beep1.jpg

You can also change the setting globally in the Call Manger Service parameters in the section "Clusterwide Parameters (Device - Phone)"

Beep2.jpg

Or, you can change the setting via the Bulk Administration Tool under "Bulk Administration > Phones > Add/Update Lines > Update Lines":

Beep3.jpg

Let us know if you have additional questions.
Maren

jg.c
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you very much for your help!