Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming call beep

Morning all,

I am attempting to remove the incoming call beep (single beep) that occurs when someone is on the phone and another incoming call appears.

I had a look at the DND settings of the device profile and managed to remove the beeping sound. However, it also turned off all sound to the phone which wasn't ideal.

I noticed from another post on here that changing the service parameter 'ToneOnCallForward' to false would remove the incoming beeping sound on an IP Phone expansion module which is exactly what I'm trying to achieve. Unfortunately, I cannot find this service parameter on the CUCM version i'm using which is 7.1(3) SU2.

Any assistance would be apprecaited.

Regards,

Jamie

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jamie,

That setting should not come into play in your scenario

On the IP Phone config (under Directory Number Configuration);

Line Settings for this Device

Ring Setting (Phone Active) Flash Only

This can also be set on a Clusterwide basis;

Clusterwide Parameters (Device - Phone)> Ring Setting of Busy Station*> Flash Only

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jamie,

That setting should not come into play in your scenario

On the IP Phone config (under Directory Number Configuration);

Line Settings for this Device

Ring Setting (Phone Active) Flash Only

This can also be set on a Clusterwide basis;

Clusterwide Parameters (Device - Phone)> Ring Setting of Busy Station*> Flash Only

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

As always, thank you.

I'm kicking myself now for not working that one out myself : )

Thanks again.

Regards,

Jamie

Hi Rob,

We have the same problem as this and your post helped me a lot.

I confirmed that from line settings when I configured Ring Setting (Phone Active) Flash Only, I didn't hear the incoming call beeps.

However I couldn't find the Clusterwide Parameters (Device - Phone)> Ring Setting of Busy Station*> Flash Only .

The CUCM version is 10.5 and Phone model #s are 8811.

Since we have 51 phones and each phone has 3 or 4 lines, we would like to configure this in bulk.

Could you please advise on how to set this in bulk in this circumstance??

Thanks and regards,

Mayumi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: