cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming call block

noc mcc
Level 1
Level 1

I want to block incoming calls from specific number patterns/mobile numbers.MY network is connected to the PSTN via Cisco IOS gateaway.

When I am applying the incoming call block command in the translation pattern, its not working.

5 Replies 5

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Refer to the below document:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/call-routing-dial-plans/64020-number-voice-translation-profiles.html#con13

If you are still having issues, attach your config.

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

noc mcc
Level 1
Level 1
This is the config of cisco ios gateway which connects to the PSTN: voice translation-rule 9 rule 1 reject /5550005555 dial-peer voice 4445 pots call-block translation-profile incoming CALLBLOCK call-block disconnect-cause incoming unassigned-number est voice translation-rule 9 /5550005555/ /5550005555/ blocked on rule 1 However, when i m testing this by calling with my mobile number, i m still able to make calls. Please suggest any changes or any different way to block incoming calls.

Post the complete config you are missing the translation profile config. From your original post you have mentioned you are trying to block based on the calling number - to have your mobile call blocked you will need to use your mobile number in the translation rule to match the call.

As mentioned earlier post the complete config, also make a test call and attach the below debugs:

debug isdn q931

debug voip ccapi inout

-Terry

Tirtha Tripathy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please share the following:

1. Running config (Output of 'show run' )

2. Calling and Called Party Number as received from Service Provider

3. What are we trying to block? (Calling Party OR Called Party)

debugs like q931,ccapi, dialpeer,voice translation and show tech would also help to share inputs

Make sure you test the test the translation rule is working or not

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/call-routing-dial-plans/61083-voice-transla-rules.html

Regards,

Tirtha

Regards, Tirtha

Devansh
Level 1
Level 1

May I know which gateway Protocol (H323,SIP or MGCP) you are using. If you are using MGCP gateway the translation rules won't work and you need to create Translation Pattern.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: