cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming call to SIP Trunk Circular Pattern

JimBCC
Level 1
Level 1

I have 1 number that users call in on and have 2 backend servers that connect via SIP Trunks. I would like the calls to rotate between two servers so that they are used equally. 

First I created a Translation rule to route to a Hunt Pilot/List that included 2 CTI Numbers that routed to the Extension for both of the SIP Trunks. However, it seems you cannot use CTI numbers in Hunt List that are forwarding to the SIP.

Any recommendations on how I could do this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aeby Vinod
Level 3
Level 3
You can create a route pattern with the specific number and assign a route list to it. On the route list assign a route group having both the SIP Trunks and choose the distribution algorithm on the route group to be circular.

So call flow will be:
IP Phone > Route Pattern > Route List > Route Group (Circular) > SIP Trunk 1 > Destination
SIP Trunk 2 > Destination

Please rate if you find this helpful.

Regards,
Aeby

Regards,
Aeby

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you want calls to be distributed to different destinations you use SIP trunks to communicate with, you use a single DN, but configure that in the route group/route list.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Aeby Vinod
Level 3
Level 3
You can create a route pattern with the specific number and assign a route list to it. On the route list assign a route group having both the SIP Trunks and choose the distribution algorithm on the route group to be circular.

So call flow will be:
IP Phone > Route Pattern > Route List > Route Group (Circular) > SIP Trunk 1 > Destination
SIP Trunk 2 > Destination

Regards,
Aeby

Regards,
Aeby

I have 2 trunks in a circular pattern. At times the one trunk will need to be down for maintenance. When calling in every other call is a long silence with a continuous ring. The other half function as normal. Is there any way I can correct this so it uses the trunk that up?

When calling in

If you mean calls from the PSTN inbound to your CUCM, that beyond your control, that's something you'd need to discuss with the telco.

HTH

java

Users call in and get one of 2 trunks in a circular pattern. If one of those trunks goes down I get a long silence and a continuous ring. The trunks are connected to an internal IVR which sometimes need to be updated, restarted, etc. How do I direct the calls to go to the IVR that is online and skip the other trunk. 

What is the exact call flow that you have?

HTH

java

DID > Extension > Route Pattern > Route List > Route Group (Circular) > SIP Trunk 1(IVR1)or 2(IVR2) > Destination

I created a SIP Profile with options ping enabled and assigned the profile to both trunks. Will test and let you know. 

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/how-to-enable-sip-options-ping-feature-on-a-sip-trunk/ta-p/3160559

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: