Helpful
Replies

incoming called-number .*

sarahr202
Level 5
Level 5

Hi every body.

I got a question

" incoming called -number .*  "   My book says  . *  means the one or more instances of preceding digit.

Suppose we have a dial peer as shown below:

dial peer 60001 pot

incoming called-number .*

Will ani 12345 match the above dial peer?

will ani 1111 match the above dial peer?

thanks and have a great day.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Harmit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sarah,

Goodevening. Hope you had a great weekend :-)

AFAIK, the "incoming called-number" can be used to match all incoming calls, no matter what the called number is using all the three strings below:

a) . (single dot)

b) .* (single dot followed by asterisk)

c) .T (single dot followed by T)

Please refer to the command reference guide for this command which explains these strings:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/command/reference/vr_i1.html#wp1112139

For the dialpeer you had, it would match dnis (called number), not ani. If both those examples were dnis numbers, it would match both.

HTH.

Regards,

Harmit.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Harmit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sarah,

Goodevening. Hope you had a great weekend :-)

AFAIK, the "incoming called-number" can be used to match all incoming calls, no matter what the called number is using all the three strings below:

a) . (single dot)

b) .* (single dot followed by asterisk)

c) .T (single dot followed by T)

Please refer to the command reference guide for this command which explains these strings:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/command/reference/vr_i1.html#wp1112139

For the dialpeer you had, it would match dnis (called number), not ani. If both those examples were dnis numbers, it would match both.

HTH.

Regards,

Harmit.

Thanks Harmit.

In addition to great post from Harmit (+5), I always use the single "." variant.  Also, it is a good practice to have "incoming called-number ." on one POTS for each port or trunk group and one VOIP dial peer to control things like codec and other parameters.

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: