Views
Helpful
Replies

incoming calls problem

SamanP
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue,

i have a Cisco router acting as a voice gateway with two ISDN connection: 1)E1 connection that is to be used for all calls "inbound/outbound" 2)SIP trunk connection to the TELECOM just for incoming calls to specific extension "DN" . My CUCM is connected to my gateway using H.323. My E1 connection is work fine but my incoming sip calls does not working properly.

for the incoming calls on sip, I am getting no ring back. The call flow is as follows:

PSTN-->SIP Line-->GW-->H.323-->CUCM -->Translate to extention "DN"-->extension rings but from the PSTN side no ring back is heard.

please help me and tell me what should i do to solve this issue?

Thank you in advance

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The easiest approach would likely be using SIP between the gateway and CUCM instead of requiring a protocol translation to H.323. A few tips in case this is your first SIP Trunk:

- On the SIP Profile of the CUCM Trunk, Enable PRACK if 1xx Contains SDP for the ISDN interop, enable Early Offer Best Effort (no MTP), and SIP Options Ping.

- On the CUCM-facing VOIP dial-peer use “dtmf-relay rtp-nte sip-kpml” to avoid MTP for OOB-only phones/CTI Clients.

- Consider using incoming URI matching on your VOIP dial-peers; I prefer the host portion of the Via header. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube/configuration/cube-book/voi-inbnd-dp-match-uri.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: