cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming external number not appearing in IPT ??

Dears;

can you tell me how to make incoming external number not appearing in IPT,

I have CUCM 8.6.2 and FXO four ports card installed in Cisco router 2800, and I am connect four phone line to FXO, calling process, incoming, and outgoing calls work fine, but when any one call to me there number nut appear on IPT external number only see in screen of IPT, I told PSTN to check ID caller service on my line, and check the service is active on my four line and I do double check by put the line direct to phone and call to me number the number appear on analog telephone but not appear in my IPT when connect to router,I am using MGCP ,

can any one help my please

BR

Mohammad Barghouthi

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I suggest you upgrade your IOS. That IOS is too old. Secondly, when you tested on the analogue phone. when did the caller id display on the phone? after the first or 2nd or 3rd ring?

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you post your configuration? sh run

and also send the output of

debug vpm signal

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

abidnazeer
Level 1
Level 1

I think caller-ID for FXO will not work with MGCP.

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Cucm 8.6 supports caller id wiith mgcp on fxo ports

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Hello aokanlawon;

I am doing the vpm signal debug and see my number in loges my number is 2977595 and called number is 2757770

so the external number 2977595 is appeared on router but not appear on IPT, what is the next step can I do to fixed problem .

please see vpm signal debug in attached

Do you have caller-id enabled configured on your voice port?

Also can you test to see after how many rings the caller id appeared on the analogue phone? You may need to configure this on the voice port..

voice-port 0/1/0

caller-id enabled

ring number 2---------------------------or 3 depending on after how many number of rings the caller id appeared o the analogue phone

or

voice-port 0/1/0

caller-id enabled

caller-id alerting ring 2

Hello;

already  I am apply two command to four FXO Port. and apply in gateway call manager

caller-id enabled

caller-id alerting ring 2

our IOS  version is

"Cisco IOS Software, 2800 Software (C2800NM-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(3g), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)"

is compatible for FXO caller ID with MGCP Or need Upgrade version if yes what is the version need to solve this problem

BR

I suggest you upgrade your IOS. That IOS is too old. Secondly, when you tested on the analogue phone. when did the caller id display on the phone? after the first or 2nd or 3rd ring?

Hello;

we upgrade IOS to 12.4(24)6T, after Upgrade and reload router the caller ID appear on IPT, repeated test to same number same FXO Port the problem return "unknown external number".

after that I am applied command #no MGCP and #MGCP, repeated the test the caller ID work first time then make new call to the same FXO port the problem return.

it means the number appear after make  #no MGCP and #MGCP one time then return "unknown external number".

I am reset voice-port on router and gateway on CUCM.

caller id display on the phone after first ring

and apply

#caller ID enable

#caller-id alerting ring 1

#caller-id alerting ring 2

#caller-id alerting ring 3

#caller-id alerting ring 4

how can make caller ID appear ever time,

Have you tried..

voice-port 0/1/0

caller-id enabled

ring number 1

yes, a do this but the same thing one time appear on each port then not appear to do #no mgcp and #mgcp

voice-port 0/1/0

caller-id enabled

ring number 1

You can try this command on the voice-port

caller-id alerting dsp-pre-alloc

Hello;

our problem fixed by upgrade version of ISO and apply below command

timing hookflash-out 50

timing guard-out 1000

thanks for all

BR

Dear Sir,

I have the same problem.

Where I can configure this?

Here's my current configuration:

voice-port 0/0/1

cptone BR

connection plar opx 779

caller-id enable

caller-id alerting line-reversal

caller-id alerting dsp-pre-allocate

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: