Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Incoming name display via 8945 Personal Address Book

If I receive an incoming call from an external party on my Cisco 8945 handset, it shows the phone number of the caller on the 8945 screen. If I add this phone number to my Personal Address Book, It should show this name on the screen the next time I receive a call from that number, but it doesn't. This is standard Caller ID functionality that appears on just about every phone made since the 1980's.

How do I get this working on my Cisco 8945 handsets?

Note: We are running CUCM 8.6

Everyone's tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Robert

Another common request I'm afraid, with no perfect answer.

CUCM doesn't do the lookups you want. Full stop.

Again, CUCM does provide the APIs you can use to make that happen though. There are folks out there who provide scripts that can run on the gateway to lookup numbers from external sources (

http://www.ciscoxmlservices.com/it/tcl--ivr-scripts is one from another forum member here) and others that provide similar functionality via CTI.

The current way that this is done is mainly via Jabber - that does lookups against AD and your Outlook contacts and displays caller ID on the PC. It doesn't show it on the phone though.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Robert

Another common request I'm afraid, with no perfect answer.

CUCM doesn't do the lookups you want. Full stop.

Again, CUCM does provide the APIs you can use to make that happen though. There are folks out there who provide scripts that can run on the gateway to lookup numbers from external sources (

http://www.ciscoxmlservices.com/it/tcl--ivr-scripts is one from another forum member here) and others that provide similar functionality via CTI.

The current way that this is done is mainly via Jabber - that does lookups against AD and your Outlook contacts and displays caller ID on the PC. It doesn't show it on the phone though.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Hall of Fame Master

Thank you Aaron for mentioning my work. The URL you gave should work, but the correct one is actually mentioned in my profile.

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
July's Community Spotlight Awards