Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming PSTN Calls to Connect to an Outgoing Dial Plan SIP Trunk

johnsnave1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have to provide an implementation to the following requirement and hoping that someone can provide a suggested working solution:

Calls from the SIP IPSP arrive as a full globalised E.164 format number from a CUBE gateway, i.e., \+44121etc . These numbers are to be sent out to a SIP trunk to a 3rd party Contact Center. I can only think to use a dial pattern with the SIP trunk in a RL/RG but cannot get this to work. I have tried translating the incoming \+44... number and then using the translated number as a route pattern against the RL/RG/SIP trunk but without success. I did try using the translated number as a DN on a phone and this proved the incoming and translation was ok.

My difficulty is understanding how I can send the incoming number to an outgoing SIP trunk. 

UCM version 10.5

Thanks, John.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

CUCM always uses best match routing for ANY call, you need to do as you mentioned, make sure that whatever you receive as the called party is matched by a route pattern so it simply goes out to other system.

If you want to do any digit manipulation to the called number with a TP, then make sure that TP has access to the RP with the transformed pattern, and that it's the best match in your dial plan.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

UC-Eng-aaS
Level 1
Level 1
Hi John, could you post your cube configuration? Please note that dial-peer matching rules have changed

Hi, thanks for your prompt reply.

I don't think the issue is with the CUBE config as this has been in use for a while now and we are using to receive from the PSTN and through to devices. As I previously stated, I can translate the incoming from the cube the translated number/s successfully connect to phone users. My difficulty is understanding if I can apply the numbers, either directly in the \+44 format, or, to translate the incoming e.164 and then apply this as a route pattern pointing to an outgoing RL/RG/SIP trunk.

For example, the received number from the cube to UCM is \+4412312346, this is translated to 12345. 12345 is set as a route pattern pointing to a sip trunk. Will this work in theory? I cannot think of another way where I can send an incoming number out to a SIP trunk. 

CUCM always uses best match routing for ANY call, you need to do as you mentioned, make sure that whatever you receive as the called party is matched by a route pattern so it simply goes out to other system.

If you want to do any digit manipulation to the called number with a TP, then make sure that TP has access to the RP with the transformed pattern, and that it's the best match in your dial plan.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: