Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming voice packet loss and s much jitter in these calls

Sanjay Bishnoi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am facing issue in incoming calls and found no voice/one way voice on these calls and found below jitter in SIP message.

P-RTP-Stat: PS=895,OS=177284,PR=805,OR=160960,PL=0,JI=6,LA=0,DU=18

PLease let me help on this.

Thanks in advance

7 Replies 7

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sanjay,

Jitter would not generally cause a no way / one-way audio issue, this type of one-way / no audio issue can be due to issues with signaling , incorrect routing or firewall related issues. If the issue is being seen with external calls only then you need to get the detailed callmanager traces for a test call ( to check signaling ) and also PCM capture from gateway to see which leg of the call initiates the issue.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/101961/how-troubleshoot-voice-quality-issues-ucm-environment-bad-sound-no-audio

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Hello Manish,

thanks for update,

i have tested live scenario where 900 calls were delivered and 120 calls were silent/no audio.

i have also observed where 780 calls were successfully connected and jitter value is 0 or 1

and 120 calls were connected silently and have checked jitter value is 4 or 5.

could you please describe me on this .

thanks

Small amount of jitter is acceptable, with very high jitter you will have some audio drops like some words cutting off but it doesn't cause no way audio. You can check the following doc on what jitter is, how it can be calculated and fixed

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/voice-quality/18902-jitter-packet-voice.html

If you are comparing the good an bad calls then compare if the IP addresses in the signaling path are the same for both scenarios or if the affected calls are seen from any specific interfaces only.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Hi Manish,

interface is same for all good and bad calls. 

Sanjay,

you would need to qualify this, your calls that are silent, as you mention are they between locations, and does it happen all the time or is this sporadic.?

please rate if helpful

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

hello,

this problem getting sporadic not all the time .

you would need to run a trace on the call to allow you more indepth troubleshooting

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.