cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Incorrect time on 7841

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

We've hit BugID CSCul26124 ("Time wrong on a 7841 phone")

The public bug details offer no help. Has anyone got any suggestions for working around this?

Thanks,

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.
10 Replies 10

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It was an un-reproducible bug, There was really no able to find the root cause for it, you may want to try different FWs, or open a TAC to confirm if it's the same and perform further troubleshooting. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I've reset all settings.

I've upgraded and downgraded the firmware.

I've removed and re-added it to CUCM.

On this particular handset it's very reproducible :-/

GTG

I am running into the same issue and now running the latest phone firmware.  Will try a TAC case to see what they suggest.

I've currently got a TAC case open about my dodgy handset. It's currently with the developers to unpick what's going on.

GTG

Ok - then I won't bother with TAC.  Do you mind posting back what TAC finds?  Appreciate it.  I need to purchase another batch of phones but am re-thinking the 78's now.

Will do.

This time issue is more a blip than a consistent issue. We've got over 400, 78xx phones and we've only come across one 78xx phone with the problem.

GTG

Hi Gordon,

We've experienced the same issue with 7841's you describe.  It's random and would only happen to one or two phones.  Factory restoring the phone resolved the issue, we also upgraded to the latest firmware and haven't seen it since, but wouldn't be surprised to see it come up again.

HTH,

Chris

I had the same problem. Just one phone. I did a factory reset using the keypad and voilá.

Step 1  Unplug the phone:
  • If using PoE, unplug the LAN cable.
  • If using the power cube, unplug the power cube.
Step 2  Wait 5 seconds.
Step 3  Press and hold # and plug the phone back in.
Step 4  When the light on the Mute button and handset light strip turns off and all other lights (Line button, Headset button, Speakerphone button, and Select button) stay green, press 123456789*0# in sequence.

When you press 1, the lights on the line buttons turn red. The light on the Select button flashes when a button is pressed.

After you press these buttons, the phone goes through the factory reset process.

If you press the buttons out of sequence, the phone powers on normally

Thanks for your post!

We resolved the issue by creating a new date/time group in a different time zone, and new device pool, putting the phone in this new device pool, then putting it back to its correct device pool.

After that, it seems the 78xx is looking at its date/time settings correctly.

This may or may not work for you...

GTG

Fabio Funaki
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running on this issue, but with an 7821, I opened a TAC case to check why it happens.

As a workaround I configured another time zone that can show the correct time and I will proceed with TAC to try to identify why this happen.

Regards,