Views
Helpful
Replies

Incorrect voicemail header

John Huthmaker
Level 4
Level 4

Hey Everyone,

We have a bazarre issue.  If a vendor (or anybody from an outside line) has a caller id that matches an internal phone extension, the voicemail appears to derive from that internal person.  We dont have a security breech.  The messages are going to the correct intended recipient.

Is there a way to stop Call Manager from using the internal header information if the call originates outside of our internal voice network?

We are running:

Call Manager Version 7.1.5.30000-1

Unity Version 7.0.2.10000-38

UCCX Version 7.0(1)SR05_Build504

We will be upgrading all to the latest versions at the end of the month.

Thanks,
John

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

John,

Can you provide an example and explanation of what you mean by 'header'?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hey Chris,

I don't have a physical example.  I guess what happens is when you go to listen to one of these voicemails, instead of saying it was from such and such phone number, it states you received a voicemail from one of our internal users.

Cody Link
Level 4
Level 4

John

In CUCM do you have a Voice Mail Box Mask defined on your default voicemail profile (or the one you are using)?  This could cause outside caller ANI to appears as internal numbers if the digits match.

Thanks

Cody

I don't really know how to navigate around CUCM very well.   Do you know where in Call Manager I would look for that information?

Thanks,

John

CUCM Administration, Voice Mail, Voice Mail Profile and click Find.  You'll want to choose the voicemail profile that you are using on your devices that are experiencing the issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: