Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Increase the users capacity in Cisco Unity connection

Good day, I have a Cisco unity connection cluster consists from one publisher and one subscriber, before when I installed the OVF of CUC, I choose the deployment configuration 1000 users-1 vCPU, but now due to the business needs, I have to increase the users capacity to 10,000 Users- 146GB disks, the question here is it possible to change the "deployment  configuration " without reinstall the cluster ?   

Note: CUC 11.5.1 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, you can use PCD to migrate to new OVA templates which will
eventually install new cluster but will migrate all the configurations
automatically. From your perspective it will give you what you want of
having larger OVAs while keeping the config.

This is cleaner that doing OVA changes and disk expansions.

**** please remember to rate useful posts

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Yes, you can use PCD to migrate to new OVA templates which will
eventually install new cluster but will migrate all the configurations
automatically. From your perspective it will give you what you want of
having larger OVAs while keeping the config.

This is cleaner that doing OVA changes and disk expansions.

**** please remember to rate useful posts

Thank you Mohammed for your reply, it is a perfect solution but I would like to ask about the DRS backup in this case , can we store the DRS backup from CUC at the 1000 users OVA template then retrieve it after reinstall the new cluster (at 10,000 users OVA template )  ?

Nope, that's wrong, PCD does NOT support migration for CUC

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/pcdadmin/12_5_1/cucm_b_pcd-admin-guide_126/cucm_b_pcd-admin-guide_126_chapter_011.html#reference_FF92D957C6251DE5AA41491D949CB50F__table_Unity

And to answer OPs question, NO, you cannot just change the deployment model. It's is NOT supported to add vCPUs to CUC, the only option to do what you're asking is to install a new cluster with the OVA you need, and use DRS or COBRAS.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: