Views
Helpful
Replies

India dial plan

Manish Prasad
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Experts,

Can anybody share their experience in setting up dial-plan for an Indian CUCM cluster without having separate lines for VOIP and PSTN calls and also without using any prefix code dialing.

Thanks

Manish

4 Replies 4

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Manish - you will need to use Logical partitioning feature of the CUCM. Refer to dial plan section in the below document for understanding:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab10/collab10/dialplan.html#pgfId-1589640

Logical Partitioning

Some countries such as India have Telecom regulations requiring an enterprise's voice infrastructure to use the local PSTN exclusively when connecting calls outside the enterprise. This requires that the voice system be partitioned logically into two systems: one for Closed User Group (CUG) communications within the enterprise, and a second one to access the local PSTN. A call from an enterprise user in location A to another enterprise user in location B could be made within the CUG system; however, a call from an enterprise user in location A to a PSTN destination, no matter the location, must be made through local access to the PSTN in location A.

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

Hello Terry, I have read some threads about this topic, seeing you have some hands-on experience maybe you can share about this... Is it possible to have a single cluster to serve restricted countries like India, and in the same cluster serve countries without the same restrictions, like in Asia ? or I keep it simple and build 2 clusters, to make sure an enterprise parameter is global, and cannot configure as I would need the global parameter in for the India site versus the Asia site ?? Finally, did you dedicate a cluster for india only ?

Martin,

to add to this. Personnally, I think building a second cluster to fullfil the local PSTN hop off requirement. Is not keeping it simple. In fact i thnk it makes your deployment worse in terms of admin overhead and points of failure.  I would use partitions and CSS to fullfil the requirement. (like Terry already mentioned).  With Standard Local Router Groups, this requirement is easy to fullfill.  Countries that do not share that requirement, just use different route patterns, with TEHO for this, again, in combination with logical partitioning.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

you can do this with single cluster. Its all about how you setup partitions & CSS like Terry said.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: