cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

individual caller ID

rahartmz6
Level 1
Level 1

We currently have caller ID setup pn our gateway - it shows the main number for all outbound calls. MY COO wants all outbounds calls from our Call Ctr to show the toll-free support number. It would seem that my options are to somehow route all outbound Call Ctr calls through a dedicated PRI, OR find a different way to send CLID. I realize that you can specify caller ID on the on the DN Config page, but the Gateway settings seem to be overriding that. My question then is will eliminating the Caller ID DN from the outbound call Gateway setting be all I have to do to get the Caller ID to work via the DN Config?

Thanks in advance for the help

Rick

rhart@mcpscorp.com

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You will need to remove the translation provide from the outbound dial-peer on the GW and then use "use external phone number mask" feature of Route List or Route Pattern(s) to send the caller ID as defined on phone's External Phone Number Mask.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

This is the default behaviour if the toll-free cust svc number is not part of your DDI, your provider will not aloow you to advrtise it. There is not much you can do with that. Any number that you advertise has to be part of your allocated DDI range from your provider

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You will need to remove the translation provide from the outbound dial-peer on the GW and then use "use external phone number mask" feature of Route List or Route Pattern(s) to send the caller ID as defined on phone's External Phone Number Mask.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris - I appreciate the quick response. What you suggested worked as far as a user with a DID, but I need to be able to spoof the Caller ID on the call ctr phones because they all have internal extensions. I want to put the toll-free cust svc number in the caller ID, but when I do that it reverts to the main line, which it is already doing when the Caller ID was being sent from the Gateways.

Any thoughts?

thanks again

Rick

This is the default behaviour if the toll-free cust svc number is not part of your DDI, your provider will not aloow you to advrtise it. There is not much you can do with that. Any number that you advertise has to be part of your allocated DDI range from your provider

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks!

That is what I was thinking the answer must be - I appreciate the confirmation

Rick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: