cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Install device pack to allow 7841, 8811, and 8851 phones to register

jclement
Level 1
Level 1

My company just purchased a few new phones and would like to install them in our lab. We purchased the 7841, 8811, and 8851.  So, far we’ve been unsuccessfully getting any of those phones to register.

Currently we are running our test environment with CUCM 8.6.2.23900-10.

So, far we’ve tried these steps:

Attempt 1:
    Installed device pack - cmterm-devicepack8.6.2.26149-1.cop.sgn
    Restarted the server (even though I understand on restarting the TFTP Server is necessary)
    Configured the phone.
    The phone powers up, displays our tested network address but only displays “Phone is registering”.
    Start/Stopped the TFTP Server = phone is registering

Attempt 2:
    Installed the individual .cop file for the 8800 series of phones - cmterm-88xx-sip.10-2-2-16.cop.sgn
    Restarted the server
    Configured the phone
    Reset all the settings on the phone.
    The phone powers up, displays our tested network address but only displays “Phone is registering”.
    Start/Stopped the TFTP Server = phone is registering

Attempt 3:
    Installed device pack - cmterm-devicepack8.6.2.26152-1.cop.sgn
    Restarted the server
    Configured the phone.
    Same result = the phone powers up, displays our tested network address but only displays “Phone is registering”.

The previous models of phones still register properly – examples 6945 and 9971.

The Compatibility Matrix shows I’m using a newer release than the one stated.

Is there a step I’m missing?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you installed the DevPack on every single server in your cluster, and then performed a cluster reboot???

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

what does status messages on the phone say (from phone settings)? Can you go to the phone GUI and check the status/debug messages?

Did you install on all servers and reboot the cluster? (if more than one server)

If the device pack has been applied correctly, and you are able to see the phone in the call manager check your network settings etc. make sure option 150 is set under DHCP and the phone can reach the call manager servers. (logs can give you clue about whats happening)

-Terry

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you installed the DevPack on every single server in your cluster, and then performed a cluster reboot???

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

That was my mistake - I didn't install the device pack on the subscriber server. 

Thank you for your suggestions.

Now I found the 7841 and 8851 phones will not register properly.  When physically rebooting the phones, they'll initially register with CUCM but then approximately every 2 minutes they attempt to re-register with CUCM.  Resulting in a cycling registered and unregistered status.

Phone status results:
 [04:34:15p,12/18/14] Time zone data download failed 
 [04:34:13p,12/18/14] VPN not configured
 [04:34:11p,12/18/14] SEPB00B4BCC704.cnf.xml.sgn(HTTP)
 [04:31:16p,12/18/14] Time zone data download failed 
 [04:31:14p,12/18/14] VPN not configured
 [04:31:12p,12/18/14] SEPB00B4BCC704.cnf.xml.sgn(HTTP)

When searching for the phone in CUCM, it constantly displays the phone's status as "unregistered". 

I ensured the latest device pack is installed on the pub/sub - cmterm-devicepack8.6.2.26152-1.cop.sgn - rebooted the environment.

Next, I installed the latest cop files for the 7841 and 8851 series of phones.  Restarted the publisher and subscriber but the problem remains.

Any suggestions?

Hi Juffure,

Please let me know what is the final outcome on this issue and what you did to resolve it. I am also facing the same problem.

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

what does status messages on the phone say (from phone settings)? Can you go to the phone GUI and check the status/debug messages?

Did you install on all servers and reboot the cluster? (if more than one server)

If the device pack has been applied correctly, and you are able to see the phone in the call manager check your network settings etc. make sure option 150 is set under DHCP and the phone can reach the call manager servers. (logs can give you clue about whats happening)

-Terry

I applied the cop file to the publisher and subscriber, rebooted both of them, but I am getting the same problem. Phone just stalls at "Phone is regsitering" message. Occasionally a "Telephone service is unavailable" message pops up on the phone.

Network settings verified correct on the phone and switch.

I cannot see the phone in CUCM. I also cannot see the device loads in Device Defaults.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: