cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Install of firmware to install 8832 did not add load

russk85
Level 1
Level 1

We received a shipment of 8832 conf phones, currently our CUCM does not have the firmware for them. 

Our environment:

1 CUCM publisher and 1 CUCM subscriber.

system version: 11.5.1.11900-26

Region is US

The phones arrived with:

sip8832.12-0-1-12

To minimize the impact I installed the phone load firmware Firmware Version 12.5(1)SR1 for Cisco IP Phone 8832 (SIP), following the instructions in the readme https://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074288/144996/cmterm-8832.12-5-1SR1-4-readme.html. I did not want to have to install a device pack.

I went to verify the installation and did not see the Load Information for the 8832 in CM Admin>Device>Device Settings>Device Defaults.

I then went to CUOS>Software Upgrades>Device Load Management> and can find the file sip8832.12-5-1SR1-4.loads, it states not in use.

Can someone tell me if I did something incorrect here please?

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So, what's the problem?

Have you set it as the load version and are phones not downloading it?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Where can I set the load information other than in Device Defaults? I do not see the 8832 in  Firmware Load Information. The only places that that firmware shows up is cuos>device load management and in cuos>show>software.

No the phone does not download the firmware nor obtain an IP nor can I add the phone into CUCM as in Device>Phone there is no 8832 phone type to select to add the phone.

Then your problem is you are not running a release which supports that device, or have not installed a DevPack to support it.

And that's what you're supposed to do, installing a phone FW DOES NOT add new device type to CUCM, which I guess is what you were trying to do here.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/matrix/CMDP_BK_CCBDA741_00_cucm-device-package-compatibility-matrix/CMDP_BK_CCBDA741_00_cucm-device-package-compatibility-matrix_chapter_00.html#CMDP_RF_C8E075E1_00

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Ok, thank you for help. I will schedule a maintenance time tonight.