cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing CP-BEKEM 18-Button Module

johnoliphant1
Level 1
Level 1

Attempting to add the 18-button KEM (CP-BEKEM) to a CP-8851. This is the first one of these KEMs in my system. CUCM 11.5.

At first, all I had was the BEKEM 36-Button expansion module available in the phone config. That kinda worked.

After adding the latest device pack I now have the CP-8800-Audio 28-button KEM available. My 18-button module won't even run with this one selected.

Is there supposed to be another module available?

Note, I'm relatively new at this, first time I've added a device pack. The process seemed to go well.

2019-03-08_8-24-10.png

Thanks!

-John

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7800-8800/english/accessories/p881_b_accessorie-guide-for-cisco-ip/p881_b_accessorie-guide-for-cisco-ip_chapter_01.pdf

If you have a 36 line KEM, you cannot choose the 28 line (audio or video) KEM, and expect it to work. Just as you cannot just use other phone model that does not correspond to the actual phone when you're configuring it.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7800-8800/english/accessories/p881_b_accessorie-guide-for-cisco-ip/p881_b_accessorie-guide-for-cisco-ip_chapter_01.pdf

If you have a 36 line KEM, you cannot choose the 28 line (audio or video) KEM, and expect it to work. Just as you cannot just use other phone model that does not correspond to the actual phone when you're configuring it.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
It's "36 Line", you can make it 18 by running single column display, but the dropdown is for the hardware type attached, the layout you control with the phone button template and device settings.