Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing subscriber callmanager 7.0 failes

saeed-zamani
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I faced strange problem today. I have CUCM 7.0 as a publisher. today I try to install subscriber with excact same version.

When  installation reaches integration step with publisher, I enter publisher  hostname, IP address and security password but validation failes.

I do following steps to fix a problem with no luck:

1- I reset security password in publisher using "pwrecovery" and "pwreset".

2- reboot publisher CUCM.

3- change hostname in publisher.

4- connect publisher and subscriber with cross cable.

I  add subscriber IP address In "server" tab in CUCM publisher. I think  everythink is ok. I install publisher ans subscriber many times but I  don't know why this time this problem happens.

Only  difference between this time and other intallations is that when I  installed publisher, I enable DNS. I read some post about DNS problem. I  also disable DNS on publisher but the problem doesnt fixed. I had both  servers host name in DNS.

Any help will be appriciated.

Thanks,

2 Replies 2

jfernandorosa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I recomend with you reinstall Publisher e Subscriber e not use de DNS,even removing the entry, you will find different problems and will be very difficult for him to accept the cluster. Do not use cross cable, use a layer 3 to simulate the network and default gateway.

Regards.

Joao

for SMTP, NTP and DNS I prefer to set them later after installation but while installation choose NO and conitnue with your installation don't make it hard

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: