cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

installing vic2-4fxo on a mgcp Voice gateway

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

i need to install vic2-4fxo on a mgcp analog voice gateway , im wondering is there certain commands i need to configure to allow the voice card to function for the first time like the case in H.323 digital voice gateway ? or are all the configuration get pulled from the cucm gateway configuration page?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This card should be configured on the gateway configuration page on CUCM followed by a rest of gateway and then you can do a no mgcp / mgcp on gateway. Provided the 'ccm-manager config server' is configured on the gateway it will pull the config from cucm.

HTH

Manish

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This card should be configured on the gateway configuration page on CUCM followed by a rest of gateway and then you can do a no mgcp / mgcp on gateway. Provided the 'ccm-manager config server' is configured on the gateway it will pull the config from cucm.

HTH

Manish

for example are these configuration taken from my old mgcp gw are also pulled from cucm? or configured directly on the router?

voice-port 0/0/0
supervisory disconnect dualtone mid-call
supervisory custom-cptone mytone
no comfort-noise
timeouts call-disconnect 1
timeouts wait-release 1
!

dial-peer voice 1 pots
service mgcpapp
port 0/0/0

!

The pots dial-peers are created automatically for the MGCP FXO ports and other mgcp related config is also pushed via the xml file from cucm.

You can check this video detailing the process of adding analog ports on MGCP 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34nWvm0qI3g

HTH

Manish