gsriraman
Level 1
Level 1

The customer wants to Integrate the C8300 Router with Alcatel OXY PBX

OPTION 1

Modules and Configuration as follows:

C8300 with NIM 4 Port FXO , 4 PORT FXS, PVDM 128

The Router is also going to Work as MPLS Gateway

Location 1:  Alcatel PBX will be integrated to Router c8300 using either H323 or SIP

Location 2: C8300 with FXO and FXS Ports

Analog Phones will be connected to the FXS/FXO Ports  but will register on Alcatel in Location 1.

Option 2:

Connect the Analog Links from Alcatel to FXO Ports in Location 1

Analog Phones in Location 2 connected to FXS on C8300 and register to Alcatel in Location 1.

Additional Questions

a. Does C8300 have UCE features , so that it can have local Voice Processing ??

regards

3 Replies 3

gsriraman
Level 1
Level 1

Could anyone help me with Validation of the above queries and solutions I have written

Connect the Analog Links from Alcatel to FXO Ports in Location 1

Analog Phones in Location 2 connected to FXS on C8300 and register to Alcatel in Location 1.

You cannot register analogue phone at location 2  on  Alcatel OXY with the above mentioned setup. To register with alcatel it should directly connect with OXY.

Other option will be configuring trunk  on alcatel to Cisco router and on Cisco router configure dial-peers to Oxy.

Response Signature

Sir,

As mentioned by you, this solution was in Option 1 . So just to reconfirm this, I would like to summarize, so that I would be clear:

Location 1: 

Step 1: Cisco Router C8300 with IOS XE , will Form a Trunk H323/SIP with Alcatel OXY PBX.

Step 2: Create Appropriate Dial Peer

Step 3: For Local FXS Analog instruments, they would connect to C8300 in Location 1 and register to Alcatel OXY.

Lccation 2:

Step 4: Phones in Location  2 would connect on the FXS port in Location 2

Step 5: Create Dial Peer  in Location 1 for Location2 and thus register the phones in Alcatel OXY in Location 1

Question ?? Since all communication for Alcatel is through Location 1, do we have to create any Dial Peer in Location 2 ??

Once I get your reply, I think I will be absolutely clear

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: