Views
Helpful
Replies

Inter cluster trung between CUCM 6.1.5 and 8.5.1

simonmossman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I have setup an ICT between our CUCM and a remote WAN site. I can make a successful call from our 6.1.5 to the 8.5.1 and we have a standard two way conversation. However, when we try and initiate the call from the 8.5.1 we get the message "your call cannot be completed as dialled". Is there something I am missing on the configuration for the 8.5.1 as this version is very new to me and the ICT configuration has many more options. At present it is configured with the null partition and CSS although this will be changed prior to implementation.

Any ideas?

Thanks

10 Replies 10

On both trunks from each side , there is a paramter for the callin search space under the inbound calls , make sure to give a CSS that has access to all internal ip phones and give it a shot.

Also make sure that the route pattern partition is accessable by the phone , is these two are ok you should be fine.

Amer

Hi Amer

Thanks for you reply. I am baffled as I could not get a call outbound from the remote site on my IP communicator. I created a SIP trunk and got it working fine but, and it is a big BUT......I created an internal CSS and added the internal partition to this. The BUT is, when I put the phone in the internal partition I cannot reach the IP comm from my desk phone. I have the CSS on the trunk for inbound set to the internal CSS I previously created. If I leave the IP comm phone in the "none" or null partition it can take my call over the trunk?? This has me totally confused...!!!!!. It also makes no difference what partition I put the route pattern in as it works with all of them??

Regards

Simon

It doesn't matter about the route pattern as long as you have that partition in your CSS , the trick is with the trunk.

Why did you changed it to SIP , you said it is ICT ?

Are you sure that both trnks has CSS that can reach the two IP Phones ?

Amer

Amer

Both phones are in the "internal" partition (set up individually for each site) and the CSS of the Trunks are also set to internal and each phone has access to the CSS.

The reason I tried SIP is the fact that I hit a wall and could not understand why the ICT would not work, after all they are not particularly hard to configure. I just thought I had to try something else. As mentioned, with SIP in place at the remote site they are able to make calls out the trunk.

I tried the same at my end by creating a SIP trunk and attempted to force a call out of this to one phone at the remote site and it gives a busy tone when I try and call the device.

I have another remote cluster in Australia which connects via an ICT so I tried to set up a SIP and do the same as above and I got the same result, busy tone...!!

Could any of this be firewall related....? Maybe we are not allowing ports in and out??

Cheers

Simon

Hi Simon,

Can you please have a try with Dialed number Analyzer tool to simulate the above calls and see the decision of CUCM? We need to find whether the issue is localized at CUCM itself. CUCM Trace files will help to find the root cause.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/dna/5_0_4/dnaacc.html

Regards...

-Ashok.

With best regards...
Ashok

Hi Ashok

Thanks for the reply. I have run the analyser on several occasions and can see that it hit the trunk ok? So not sure what is happening from here? I have done some testing from various phones in various setting so the call either fails or connects. I will have to try and decipher the trace files to see if anything obvious springs to light. I assume that the normal CCM traces will suffice?

Cheers

Simon

Hi Simon,

Yes, the basic CUCM traces will help to begin with.

And also, please follow the below link which will give reference to a SW to understand CUCM traces better.

http://www.techphilosophy.com/2008/09/understanding-cisco-callmanager-traces.html

Regards...

-Ashok.

With best regards...
Ashok

Hi Ashok

Thanks for the info much appreciated. I will sieve through the traces and see if I find anything obvious, as the TC tool is great, I will let you know. Before I close this one I will await the outcome of all the content in TC as I may have another question on what I find.

Thanks again

Simon

Hii,

I have CUCM 8.6 and I have a connection with another location through WAN where is CUCM 9 installed, how can I make a connection to receive the call id when I call the new location.

Can you help me with some documentation, steps, how to etc

Th a lot for help

you can follow the CUCM administration guide to configure the ICT.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_6_1/ccmcfg/bccm-861-cm/b06trunk.html

As it is very old post, I request you to open a new one in case if you face any issues in call routing over ICT.

//Suresh

Please rate all the useful posts.

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.