Views
Helpful
Replies

InterCluster Lookup (ILS) - Cluster connectivity issue

voiphub01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi friends,

I'm facing issue in connecting two clusters for URI dialing thr' ILS service. I found configuration simple although there is connectivity issue. Spoke cluster remains in waiting state.

Hub Cluster: 192.168.15.10

Spoke Cluster: 192.168.15.20

Authentication: Using Password

I took SDI logs from Spoke cluster and found that spoke tries to connect with Hub on port 7502 but somehow seems connection to be broken.

|IlsD IlsHandler: Socket Broken. DeviceName=, TCPPid = [1.600.13.18], IPAddr=192.168.15.10, Port=7502, Controller=[1,20,1]

|IlsD Ils::CloseIndInner() closing TCPPid([1, 600, 13, 18]), PeerIP/Port(:0), LocalIP/Port(:0)

There is no firewall issue between the clusters.

Tried to restart ILS service on both the clusters.

Find attached the complete logs.

Will appreciate your suggestions.

Regards

6 Replies 6

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The error does point to a connectivity issue, there isn't much in the attached log file apart from this error. Is there any firewall / WAAS device between the hub and spoke servers? You may get a parallel set of captures from the hub and spoke after deleting and readding the ils config to determine if all ILS related packets are making it to the either side.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Hi Manish,

Thanks for your response.

Please find attached the parallel captures from both Hub and Spoke.

From Spoke captures, I can see that the ILS packets are coming on the way from Hub but the things didn't go fine.

Any idea what's going wrong here?

Regards

If using TLS then the following bug can be looked into based on the information in the packets being exchanged between hub and spoke

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuu15238/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Manish

Hi,

As I mentioned before, I'm not using TLS certificates, indeed using simple password authentication.

One more thing I found I can see following screen (spoke registered), this means there is no connectivity issue. But there is no further process then.

Hello,

I'm having your exact same issue but with hub in ver 10 and spoke in ver 9. If both have same ver. it works.

How did you manage to fix the issue?

------- have a look to my blog lgrconsulting.com

I couldn't make it work although both of the clusters are on same version 9.1. Debug didn't tell much about the issue.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: