Views
Helpful
Replies

Intercluster SIP trunk between CUCM version 7.1 and 9.1

alalli
Level 2
Level 2

Hi All,

I need to configure a SIP trunk between a CUCM 7.1 cluster and CUCM 9.1 cluster.

Each cluster has a single publisher and subscriber.

In this example, my CUCM clusters could be arranged with the following IP addresses.

192.168.71.1  CUCM-Publisher version 7.1

192.168.71.2  CUCM-Subscriber version 7.1

192.168.91.1  CUCM-Publisher version 9.1

192.168.91.2  CUCM-Subscriber version 9.1

extensions 9XXX live on CUCM version 9.1

extensions 7XXX live on CUCM version 7.1

Route Group Configured on CUCM version 9.1 and pointing to 7.1.

Route pattern 7XXX calls a  top down route-group

Route-Group-Trunks-to-7.1

SIP-TRUNK-1  to 192.168.71.2 on port 5060

SIP-TRUNK-2 to 192.168.71.1 on port 5060

Route Group Configuration on CUCM version 7.1 and pointing to 9.1

Route pattern 9XXX calls a  top down route-group

Route-Group-Trunks-to-9.1

SIP-TRUNK-1 to 192.168.91.2 on port 5060

SIP-TRUNK-2 to 192.168.91.1 on port 5060

I believe the above configuration should work, but I was wondering if I could/should just use the "run on all nodes" option for the CUCM version 9.1 SIP trunk.

Thanks very much for any input.

Best Regards

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Abdueih,

I am not sure why your keep referring people to use h323. If you can't answer their sip related questions then just leave them. Sip is the protocol of the future. H323 is no longer been developed. Please let people use what'd right and good for them.

Allali,

Yes it is advisable to use run on all active nodes. What this does for you is that the sip trunk will ignore the cucm group settings on the sip trunk and will send calls to all cucm processing servers.

For this to work properly ensure you have all cucm servers defined on the sip trunk of cucm 7.1

Another thing I will suggest is to use DNS SRV records rather than IP addresses. This will give automatic fail over and load balancing, which you won't get by using IP address.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

I do agree that SIP is the future, but we actually only recommend SIP trunks when you only use CUCM 8.5 (or 8.6 cant recall exact version) or later in the mix. If theres anything lower than that in the mix, we still recommend ICTs, at least between any server pre 8.5 server. Its documented in the SRND.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

I prefer to configure inter-cluster trunk which uses H323. after that you can add the route patterns which point to the other cluster

HTH

Anas

please rate if it is helpful

Thanks mate.  I will keep this option open, but I have been asked to use SIP trunks.

Regards

A

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Abdueih,

I am not sure why your keep referring people to use h323. If you can't answer their sip related questions then just leave them. Sip is the protocol of the future. H323 is no longer been developed. Please let people use what'd right and good for them.

Allali,

Yes it is advisable to use run on all active nodes. What this does for you is that the sip trunk will ignore the cucm group settings on the sip trunk and will send calls to all cucm processing servers.

For this to work properly ensure you have all cucm servers defined on the sip trunk of cucm 7.1

Another thing I will suggest is to use DNS SRV records rather than IP addresses. This will give automatic fail over and load balancing, which you won't get by using IP address.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

I do agree that SIP is the future, but we actually only recommend SIP trunks when you only use CUCM 8.5 (or 8.6 cant recall exact version) or later in the mix. If theres anything lower than that in the mix, we still recommend ICTs, at least between any server pre 8.5 server. Its documented in the SRND.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jaime

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Hello,

I need to do the trunk H323 between 7.1 and 9.1 CUCM.  where can I found and configuration guide or example?.

kind regards.

Oscar.

The link below has configuration examples. It is for an older CUCM, but the concept is still the same.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094729.shtml

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

for verion 7.1 there are option gatekeeper and non gatekeeepr. after there are many parameter, There is another configuration guide for a call manager at leat 5.X. because the guide you give me is for use with gatekeeper and cm version 3.X

Oscar..

What you need is the ICT (non gatekeeper controlled)..unless you have a gatekeeper in your deployment..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: