Views
Helpful
Replies

Intercluster Trunk Dialing

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

Hi all,

I am looking into setting up an intercluster trunk with a sister company who's running CUCM 8.x. The challange I am seeing is that the sister company is using 3-digit extensions x.x.x and I am using 4-digit extensions x.x.x.x. I am seeing extension overlaping and trying to figure out how to handle inter-company extension to extension dialing in this scenario. Has anyone run into this scenario ? I appreciate any inputs/suggestions.

I am running CUCM 7.1.3

Thanks all in advance !!

Danny

5 Replies 5

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You hav two options

1. Use prefix or sitecodes and then strip off the site code using xlation patterns on each cluster..eg Your site can have site code of 123 and the sister site 456..so whe users wants to dial you from the sister site they dial 123XXXX..then you will configure a xlation pattern to strip off the site code.

2. The second option is to re-design your dial plans

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts

Thank you very much for your inputs !! Any other way beside those two options ?

Danny

Your 3rd option would be to leave it as it and rely on inter-digit timeout which is not a good solution in my opinion.  Options offered by Deji are the 2 most feasible ones.

Chris

Thanks Chris !! I agree with you.

Danny

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Great, why low rating then?

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: