cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Intercom: Answer when I pick up the phone automatically without pressing intercom button

Joe1164332
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

On Cisco CP-8851 when my manager intercoms me I pick up the phone to talk to him. However, I tend to forget that I have to press the intercom button (actively clicking a picking up button). Basically, I want to the intercom to work like a phone.

If someone intercoms me, I want to pick up the phone and start speaking and listening.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Joe

4 Replies 4

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Is the line configured as an actual intercom DN or just a normal line DN. Intercom DN's should be default auto answer with headset or speakerphone (muted).

If it just a regular directory number, you can turn auto answer on under the Directory Number settings.

Hi Mike,

thank you for your reply. Much appreciated! I am not sure, but I think it is an intercom DN. It makes a quick sound, I have to then click the button and then pick up the phone.

How would it be with an actual intercom DN? I dont have a headset, I have the regular 'phone'.

Could you please help?

Thank you so much. I would really appreciate any help.

In CUCM Admin, are you able to pull up the phone / line settings and see wheat the line is configured as.

A normal DN would look like: Line [1], and in intercom Intercom[1]

Thank you Mike! Much appreciated!