cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Intermittent MeetMe issues

alexfield1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there - we have 9 MeetMe lines configured. Internally users dial in using the 4 digit id (these are 950x000x____ numbers, not DIDs) and externally people dial an 800 number that is routed to a call handler in unity and press their meeting room number (1-9), which then transfers them into the conference. If it hasn't been initiated yet, a recording will play and loop them back to the main call handler menu.

Recently I've had several reports of people not being able to get into the MeetMe conference; they are getting the message about the conference not yet being initiated even though there are people already in the conference. Sometimes they can hang up and dial back in just fine, sometimes they have the initiator end the bridge and open it again at which point the outside caller is able to get in fine, and most of the time (and for most people) there is no problem at all.

The trouble is that the issue is intermittent, both in scope of where the originating call is coming from, time of day, MeetMe line, etc. I have not been able to duplicate the issue. 

Perhaps related or perhaps unrelated:  Internally, I have experienced myself one instace where I try to dial directly in to the bridge and I get a busy signal indicating it hasn't been initiated, but when I try to initiate it gives me a busy signal indicating it has in fact been initated. There were people on the call already so I knew the line was open... it's almost like it's not recognizing that the bridge is open sometimes? I'm wondering if the same thing is happening with the outside caller issue.

Call Manager 8.5.1.11900-21

Unity

Version 8.5.1ES16.11900-16

5 Replies 5

alexfield1
Level 1
Level 1

I should mention - it seems to happen more in the mornings. I thought it might have been an issue with the MeetMe parameters but I've got that set to 100 (I've never seen more than 20 though). Do you think it could be bandwidth?

Have you got different ranges of DNs for each CUCM server?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

No, but we have two entries for the MeetMe patterns, on different partitions. Our contractor set this up this way - is the right?

You should have a range per server mate. Had something similar myself from a half configured CUCM.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Excuse my ignorance... this might be a dumb question. We have only one call manager with a pub and a sub. Would I need a separate range on the sub?