Views
Helpful
Replies

Internal and outside dial tone combination in CUCM for 2 different countries

impromptu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have CUCM 10.5 with MGCP gateways for PSTN connection. My customer want to have internal dial tone (when the phone is off hook) to match the frequency and cadence of German internal dial tone and when user press 9 for PSTN calls to hear the dial tone that match frequency and cadence of Italian secondary dial tone. I installed localization .cop files for both languages and it works fine if I apply one of that languages in the Network Locale on my Cisco phone but is there a possibility to implement the combination of these 2 countries dial tones?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, it is not as only a single network locale can be assigned to a device. So you need to pick one.  The tones are not there to pick which ones a customer prefers they are there to match country specific tones you would traditionally get.

Thanks Chris,

But those are their requirements and I need to find the way to make it work as they wanted.

Not all requirements can be met, this is a perfect example of one, since you cannot change the underlying software code of how closed software application works.  If you had open-source software that would be a different thing.

If you need official response from Cisco contact Cisco PDI (if you are a partner), or TAC or your Cisco account team. But I doubt they will tell you something different.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: