cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Internal Caller ID no longer working for Mobility users?

mulkeyinc
Level 1
Level 1

When Mobility users call another internal extension from their mobile phones, the caller ID is supposed to show the calling party's internal extension and not the mobile number. CUCM is no longer associating remote destinations with internal extensions in regards to Caller ID all of a sudden. I have not made any changes so not sure what happened.

Any ideas or what to look for? Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

heathrw
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Check the following CM Service Parameters:

Matching Caller ID with Remote Destination Required Field = Set to partial match

Number of Digits for Caller ID Partial Match Required Field  = Set to 9 digits

Regards

Heath

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hi Aaron.

Please check if the CUCM is receiving mobile number as you configured in remote destination.

Check also if you are doing any digit manipulation of calling party number on CUCM or VG.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Thanks Carlo.

CUCM receives the number as 10 digits. The remote destinations are configured as 10 digits with the 9 prepended for PSTN access. No digit manupulation for incoming external calls.

It's been working for years and all of sudden quit. It may have stopped working after an upgrade to 8.0 to 8.6 but I'm just speculating. It's been about 4 months since I performed the upgrade and am just noticing it.

Hi Aaron.
It usually happens when remote destination dosn't match the caller id.
If you prepend 9 to call back missed or received calls, remote destination should be configured as 9 plus external number.
Try also to deassociate and associate again the extension to remote destination.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Carlo,

Something must have changed from 8.0 to 8.6. I removed the 9 in the Remote Destination numbers and the CID is now working as it should by showing internal extension rather than mobile number.

Back when this system was deployed on 7.X, the 9 had to be there for Mobile Connect to even make the call outbound to the RD. Now the it works without the 9 and I'm not sure how it knows 9 for PSTN access without prepending it to the number.

Thanks,

Aaron

Hi Aaron.

Glad to know that it works now.

We have some customers using SNR  with cucm 8.6.

We always prepend 0 (the access code used here in Italy) to the incomnig calling number and remote destinations are configured with 0 before the external number.

Do you prepend 9 at which level  (VG, CUCM translation)?

Regards

Carlo

Please rete helpful posts

Carlo,

We're only prepending with Application Dial Rules for things like Jabber, CUPC, etc. No translation patterns or GW level prepend. That is why I questioned how SNR is making the outbound calls without the 9 configured before the 10 digit RD number.

Thanks,
Aaron

heathrw
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Check the following CM Service Parameters:

Matching Caller ID with Remote Destination Required Field = Set to partial match

Number of Digits for Caller ID Partial Match Required Field  = Set to 9 digits

Regards

Heath

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: