Views
Helpful
Replies

Internal phone number mask

kmlpuri10
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone help with below described issue:

Calling from internal1 to internal2 and forward from internal2 to external number: displaying wrong number. External phone number mask is being used. In CDR i saw, calling number is 8715.

EG: calling from 8715 (full number: 27248715)to 1476 (full number: 27301476) and 1476 forwarded to 0004917685619939: displays +8715 only.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

erikasasaki
Level 1
Level 1

You mentioned CDR, you should be able to see which route pattern (and partition) was hit when the call was forwarded to 0004917685619939. I would first check if that route pattern has the Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask ticked under the Calling Party Transformations section.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Vinod16
Level 1
Level 1

Its should display 27248715 instead of 8715 . You have to run debug on Gateway and check calling number which cucm sends to GW and if number is correct then you have to check with your ISP.
Note: ISP will never send 4 digit, it will always send complete DID number.

@Vinod16 wrote:

Note: ISP will never send 4 digit, it will always send complete DID number.

This is a way to general thing to state. There are occurrences where a service provider would accept to be sent as short as 4 digits, or even shorter, for calling and/or called numbers.

Response Signature

Hi Roger,

That is the case for inbound but for outbound its mendatory for them to
show complete DID Irrespective of states.

I can give a number of examples from our around 160 connections with various service providers in different countries around the world where we do not send the complete DID number to them. However the SP as such would append whatever they need to send the calling number on wards.

Response Signature

erikasasaki
Level 1
Level 1

You mentioned CDR, you should be able to see which route pattern (and partition) was hit when the call was forwarded to 0004917685619939. I would first check if that route pattern has the Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask ticked under the Calling Party Transformations section.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: