Hi I was wondering if you can help with a caller ID issue, I am not sure if it is a telco issue or an issue with the config. We are in Japan, and when we phone any japanese number we get the correct caller ID displayed of 0456404429 on the phones. If we phone an international number the number gets displayed on the phone as +45 6 404 429 so it has dropped the leading zero and stuck a plus in front of it. I cannot get it to prefix the country code of +81 so the number should be displayed as +81 45 640 4429.
I have called the telco and they say it is not their issue. If i change the outbound number to add the 81, it then just displays the line number which is not one of our ddi ranges. I have put some config below and an ISDN q931 output. Any help would be most appreciated.
I would try playing with the numbers you are presenting to the SP.
- In some countries you would be expected to present the national number with the 0 national access prefix.
- Usually you wouldn't insert the country code, the SP would insert it when your call is sent to somewhere international.
- Try changing the number type/plan settings on your translation-rule 1, by adding 'type any national' to set it to national.
Your SP should be able to tell you what they expect you to set if you speak to the right people. Failing that, a little trial and error of adjusting the translation rule (to add/remove the 0 prefix, change the number type and possibly plan type and trying different combinations) might get you results.
You might find setting the number type to International makes it work when you dial internationally, but not when you dial national; in that case you'd want seperate dial-peers for those two number types that set different number types.
Please rate helpful posts...
Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Sorry, I did read this correctly, have not realized that the issue is the number displayed on the remote phone that you are calling in the UK.
Telco is incorrect in saying that is not their issue, for the simple reason that in telephony even if you don't send a number at all, it is supposed to show correctly on the destination phone, be it in Japan or anywhere else.
The problem is in the international connection between your telco and the UK telco, where the receiving one is failing to to add the ciountry code as needed.This happens often on the so called grey routes does by carriers for cheapness, where Caller ID may or may not work, but nobody cares.
Anyway as Aaron suggested, you can try adding a DP for international calls, there apply a different translation rule that adds 81 and see what happens.