cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

International Dialing Pattern

Tranman79
Level 1
Level 1

Having an issue at a client's phone system - apparently they've been able to dial internationally no problem up until around a couple of months ago.  Their IOS configuration hasn't been changed from what I can tell and in talking with Spectrum Business voice it looks like our 4321 ISR isn't forwarding the international digits.  As soon as I dial 8011 it says it's unable to dial.  Any ideas here?  I've attached a "clean" config.  

20 Replies 20

Yes exactly.  Just stops cold at that point.  

@Tranman79 wrote:

Yes exactly.  Just stops cold at that point.  

Right.  This is CME, with the configuration given in your first post?   If that's the case it should be waiting until 3 seconds after you've dialled the last digit before trying to place the call.  Your international dial peer has destination pattern of 8011T so will match anything starting 8011 but the T means any number of additional digits.

Can you check that the you still have the interdigit timeout set to a sensible value ..

voice register global
 mode cme
 source-address 10.1.4.2 port 5060
 timeouts interdigit 3

This is very symptomatic if an overlapping dial plan and the culprit here is your dial peer voice 9 config..

dial-peer voice 9 pots
description OUTBOUND 8.11 Digit Dialing translation-profile incoming OUT translation-profile outgoing OUT destination-pattern 8.11 port 0/2/0:23

This is matched over your dialpeer voice 8 which allows for more digits to be collected. Please do a shut on dialpeer 9

dial-peer voice 9

shut

Test again

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This is very symptomatic if an overlapping dial plan and the culprit here is your dial peer voice 9 config..

dial-peer voice 9 pots
description OUTBOUND 8.11 Digit Dialing translation-profile incoming OUT translation-profile outgoing OUT destination-pattern 8.11 port 0/2/0:23

This is matched over your dialpeer voice 8 which allows for more digits to be collected. Please do a shut on dialpeer 9

dial-peer voice 9

shut

Please rate all useful posts

Looks like shutting down dial-peer voice 9 worked!  Now a couple of additional questions (since I'm new to Cisco IOS)

1. Should I just remove dial-peer voice 9 pots from the configuration completely?
  2. Why would there have been the two different dial-peers in the system to address international dialing in the first place?

I am not sure why dial-peer 9 exist but if its for international dialling then its improperly configured. You can safely remove it. It is doing nothing other than creating trouble for you..

Please rate all useful posts