cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

International Dialing question

DENNIS-WILSON_2
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue where I can dial certain contries, for instance germany at say a number like this, 0114986521111, but not say venezuela, at a number like this, 011584167961111. It has two extra digits. Any ideas? My route patterns are 9.011! and 9.011#. i can't figure out why its not working.CM 6.1 w/h.323 gateways.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What does the Dialed Number Analizer say? If it says the call succeeds, do you see the H.225 setup messages arrive on the gateway? If so, what is the output of the show dialpeers voice and debug dialpeer commands from an example call?

nitsinha
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Dennis,

What do you hear(fast busy, CUCM recorded message etc.) when you call a Venezuala number? Check whether the call even hits the h.323 gateway by running the commands which Jonathan has suggested. Are the calls going out to the tlco through a PRI? Run 'debug isdn q931' and find out what happens when a failed call is made. Check who is sending the disconnect.

Hope that helps

Regards

Nitesh

PS:Pl rate helpful posts

DENNIS-WILSON_2
Level 1
Level 1

Ok guys thanks for the two posts. that got me digging into it a bit more and I noticed on the isdn debug on the international number that wouldnt go through I was getting "Plan:ISDN, Type:International" and all other calls were "plan:unknown, type:unknown. So I added "isdn map address ^011* plan unknown type unknown" to the serial interface and that fixed the issue. I had noticed during testing that the other PRI's I had at other locations didnt work either but at my locations with Pots lines they had no problems dialing. So I figured something at the telco but this was an interesting fix.